• Welcome to Peterborough Linux User Group (Canada) Forum.

PLUG Meeting September - (re)Schedule

Started by cod3poet, August 30, 2018, 02:52:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cod3poet

Seeings as we have a holiday weekend, I think it would be best to move the PLUG meeting to another week if that is okay with everyone. More than happy to take suggestions for another night and we can make it work. I'll be in and out of town all next week so possibly the 10th or after for me is best.

I am more than happy to take suggestions for meeting topics for our first meeting of the year, I'll also be sending out a facebook notice and mailing list update.

If there are no takers I would be happy to demo build in virtualization using QEMU / KVM And one of my patented bottom up installs from an Ubuntu mini ISO coming in a whopping 64mb in size.

I hope you have all had a wonderful summer (ITS NOT OVER YET!!!!).
Arch, Windows, Ubuntu, MacOS. In that order. (Definitely 04/2023)
Ryzen9 5950x/128gb/2tbNVME/8TB(Current)Win11
8th gen i7/32gb/1tbNVME(Current)Arch
Macbook Pro 16/2021 m1/32gb(Current)Work
Comptia CNSP / Azure Devops Eng Expert / VMware Certified/ Sec Automation Engineer / Senior SRE

Jason

That's fine by me. Not sure if I will be able to make September meeting but I will make sure payment gets to Laurie.
* Zorin OS 17.1 Core and Windows 11 Pro on a Dell Precision 3630 Tower with an
i5-8600 3.1 GHz 6-core processor, dual 22" displays, 16 GB of RAM, 512 GB Nvme and a Geforce 1060 6 GB card
* Motorola Edge (2022) phone with Android 13

cod3poet

Jason let it be known that I am damn proud of what you have accomplished and frankly the meeting will be missing a lot if you can't make it. :) either way thank you!
Comptia CNSP / Azure Devops Eng Expert / VMware Certified/ Sec Automation Engineer / Senior SRE

fox

I agree with Brian (on both changing the meeting date and Jason's contributions). Personally, I would be happy to keep the meetings on Mondays and just move this one back a week, but I'm flexible.

As far as topics go, the virtualization idea is more interesting than anything I can come up with. And if Harry is interested and available, he could perhaps do a second half on his virtualization experiences with the different distros he tried. (As I recall, he uses VMware Player, which could be contrasted with QEMU/KVM. We have had virtualization demoed with VirtualBox in the past, but I don't recall ever having a PLUG meeting featuring any other virtualization software.
Ubuntu 23.10 on 2019 5k iMac
Ubuntu 22.04 on Dell XPS 13

Jason

Thanks guys!

Unless things have changed, Mondays were the only nights that Applewood had free which is why it's never moved. But you can certainly check with Laurie if you guys want to have a different night but don't do it just for me especially since I may or may not be elected.
i5-8600 3.1 GHz 6-core processor, dual 22" displays, 16 GB of RAM, 512 GB Nvme and a Geforce 1060 6 GB card

BrianP

Pushing this 1 a week is probably a good idea..

ssfc72

Unfortunately I won't be able to make the PLUG meeting.
I have an ongoing medical issue and they have just booked me into ptbo hospital for this Sunday, for another medical procedure.

Bill
Mint 20.3 on a Dell 14" Inspiron notebook, HP Pavilion X360, 11" k120ca notebook (Linux Lubuntu), Dell 13" XPS notebook computer (MXLinux)
Cellphone Samsung A50, Koodo pre paid service

Jason

Sorry to hear that, Bill! I hope it's not too serious.

fox

Me too, Bill; hope all is well.

Regarding the meeting, do we have a date yet? I haven't seen anything definite posted.

Jason

Yep, City Council meeting this Monday night so I won't be able to make it either. But please don't let that stop you guys.

buster

Sorry Bill.

So is there a meeting on Monday????
Growing up from childhood and becoming an adult is highly overrated.

fox

I hate to add to the complication, but I won't be able to attend either if it's this coming Monday.

cod3poet

There most certainly can be a meeting On Monday I have to confirm if we still have the room at Applewood tomorrow as I have not heard back.

Bill I hope that all is well and I am sure everyone here is sending love and good vibes your way.

Otherwise if not Applewood we'll just change this to a MUG and meet up at the Monaghan Timmies.

Glen-VE3LIZ

Hi all.  Been following the posts and we were planning on coming this evening.  Will follow the discussion here as to where the gathering will be, but we will be there.
Hope all is well, Bill.

cod3poet

Just called and left another message / sent off a follow up email I'll let you folks here know what is going on and then once confirmed update facebook / mailing list.