• Welcome to Peterborough Linux User Group (Canada) Forum.

November meeting and HeckerNest

Started by William Park, November 03, 2016, 11:11:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

William Park

Mon, Nov 7 -- PLUG front page says the meeting is on Nov 6.  I assume it's typo?

Tue, Nov 8 -- HeckerNest (http://www.meetup.com/HackerNestPTBO/) is at Camp Kawartha Environment Center.  Anyone going for free beer?

Jason

You're correct. It should say (and will in just a moment) say November 7th.
* Zorin OS 17.1 Core and Windows 11 Pro on a Dell Precision 3630 Tower with an
i5-8600 3.1 GHz 6-core processor, dual 22" displays, 16 GB of RAM, 512 GB Nvme and a Geforce 1060 6 GB card
* Motorola Edge (2022) phone with Android 13

ssfc72

Bill will also demo the Kodi media
  server program and how you can stream media from the internet.
Mint 20.3 on a Dell 14" Inspiron notebook, HP Pavilion X360, 11" k120ca notebook (Linux Lubuntu), Dell 13" XPS notebook computer (MXLinux)
Cellphone Samsung A50, Koodo pre paid service

bobf

Kudos to Bill - we get there, and there's *NO* Internet connectivity in the building! <^8# In spite of it, Bill went over to Timmy's early and downloaded off-line web pages which he then used to demo Kodi and some of its add-ons, then his VPN as well!

Great thinking, Bill, and a great presentation, considering...! <^8#

Jason

No internet? Wow. I can't remember that ever happening before. Sounds like you made the best of a tough situation, Bill. Very creative! Sorry I missed it!
* Zorin OS 17.1 Core and Windows 11 Pro on a Dell Precision 3630 Tower with an
i5-8600 3.1 GHz 6-core processor, dual 22" displays, 16 GB of RAM, 512 GB Nvme and a Geforce 1060 6 GB card
* Motorola Edge (2022) phone with Android 13

ssfc72

Thanks Guys!  If I make the Dec. meeting, maybe I can show a bit more of Kodi, if the internet is back up at the meeting room.
Mint 20.3 on a Dell 14" Inspiron notebook, HP Pavilion X360, 11" k120ca notebook (Linux Lubuntu), Dell 13" XPS notebook computer (MXLinux)
Cellphone Samsung A50, Koodo pre paid service

fox

Worth seeing, as Bill demonstrated to me at Tim's after the meeting.
Ubuntu 23.10 on 2019 5k iMac
Ubuntu 22.04 on Dell XPS 13

bobf

Definitely worth the opportunity! And I'm already anticipating the pizza & egg nog (doesn't sound like a great pairing, but hey, it's the festive holiday season!)

Be there or be square, Jason! <^8# And, of course, everybody else, as well! <^8#

Later...!