• Welcome to Peterborough Linux User Group (Canada) Forum.

Opera browser has a nice scroll feature

Started by ssfc72, August 08, 2019, 09:31:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ssfc72

The Opera browser has a handy little feature, that I just used for the first time and found it to be very useful.

If you have scrolled down a long web page and want to quickly go back to the top of the page, you just click on the Tab , at the top of the browser screen. :-)

I was reading the Google canadian news web page, which is quite long and instead of clicking on the scroll bar, on the right side of the screen and dragging the scroll bar to the top, I just clicked on the page tab and the page went right to the top of the page.  Nice!
Mint 20.3 on a Dell 14" Inspiron notebook, HP Pavilion X360, 11" k120ca notebook (Linux Lubuntu), Dell 13" XPS notebook computer (MXLinux)
Cellphone Samsung A50, Koodo pre paid service

fox

That is a nice feature. I presume that the tab is always visible? You can demo it tonight.
Ubuntu 23.10 on 2019 5k iMac
Ubuntu 22.04 on Dell XPS 13

buster

Firefox responds nicely to the 'Home' key at the top of my laptop, and zips up  to the top of the page. Works in both Win and Linux. The two desktops have similar functions, but in different places on their keyboards.
Growing up from childhood and becoming an adult is highly overrated.

Jason

Quote from: buster on August 08, 2019, 03:02:34 PM
Firefox responds nicely to the 'Home' key at the top of my laptop, and zips up  to the top of the page. Works in both Win and Linux. The two desktops have similar functions, but in different places on their keyboards.

That's usually how I have done it although now I have a fancy mouse that has an accelerated scroll wheel mode that lets me just spin it and I'm at the top or the bottom quickly. But I kind of wish Firefox let you click the tab. This would be handier in many circumstances. Nice find, Bill!
* Zorin OS 17.1 Core and Windows 11 Pro on a Dell Precision 3630 Tower with an
i5-8600 3.1 GHz 6-core processor, dual 22" displays, 16 GB of RAM, 512 GB Nvme and a Geforce 1060 6 GB card
* Motorola Edge (2022) phone with Android 13

buster

Bill said at Tim Hortons that he didn't want to move his hand from the mouse to the keyboard to do this. Is he lazy or what?  :)
Growing up from childhood and becoming an adult is highly overrated.

ssfc72

On my Android phone, using the Opera browser, the feature works by just tapping the top of the web page heading.   I don't think the phone has a Home key? :-)
Mint 20.3 on a Dell 14" Inspiron notebook, HP Pavilion X360, 11" k120ca notebook (Linux Lubuntu), Dell 13" XPS notebook computer (MXLinux)
Cellphone Samsung A50, Koodo pre paid service