• Welcome to Peterborough Linux User Group (Canada) Forum.

Why I haven't been around much

Started by Jason, June 12, 2019, 07:14:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jason

Last week, starting late Monday evening, I managed to catch a cold though since I didn't go out that day, it was probably brewing from the day before when I was out. So my wife and I are already into week two of coughing fits. And to top it off, one of our cats, Reeny, who had been losing weight rapidly woke me up suffering extreme dizziness. It was likely due to an ear infection that was precipitated from getting diabetes. We don't have the income to treat an ongoing diabetes situation in a pet so had to sadly put her down. She had a pretty good 17 years although it was still heartbreaking to have to do it. It's been one hell of a rough week.

As soon as I'm feeling better, I hope we can do a MUG and I still have to get my power adapter from Brian one of these days.
* Zorin OS 17.1 Core and Windows 11 Pro on a Dell Precision 3630 Tower with an
i5-8600 3.1 GHz 6-core processor, dual 22" displays, 16 GB of RAM, 512 GB Nvme and a Geforce 1060 6 GB card
* Motorola Edge (2022) phone with Android 13

ssfc72

Very sorry to hear about you and your wife having the medical problems Jason!  Get well soon, the both of you.
I am also very sorry for your loss of the 17 year old cat.  I know what a downer that is because we had to put our approx 20 year old cat to sleep due to a sudden medical issue, as well, a little over a year ago.  I still have fond memories of the cat and wish he was still around.

Hopefully in another weeks time, you will be feeling ok again and we can get together for a PLUG Mug.

Bill
Mint 20.3 on a Dell 14" Inspiron notebook, HP Pavilion X360, 11" k120ca notebook (Linux Lubuntu), Dell 13" XPS notebook computer (MXLinux)
Cellphone Samsung A50, Koodo pre paid service

Jason

* Zorin OS 17.1 Core and Windows 11 Pro on a Dell Precision 3630 Tower with an
i5-8600 3.1 GHz 6-core processor, dual 22" displays, 16 GB of RAM, 512 GB Nvme and a Geforce 1060 6 GB card
* Motorola Edge (2022) phone with Android 13