• Welcome to Peterborough Linux User Group (Canada) Forum.

LibreOffice Draw to print photographs

Started by ssfc72, March 08, 2019, 08:22:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ssfc72

I needed a Linux program that would print out multiple, smallish photo images, onto one sheet of photo paper.
Photo sizes about the same as you get, as back in the 1960's when there were photo booths, in stores, that would take your picture and output the images onto a strip of photo paper.  Buster and myself would remember, these antiques. :-)

So, after a search on Google, I found one mention of using OpenOffice (this was from a help discussion dated 2004).

So I opened LibreOffice Draw and sure enough I was able to use it, to print out multiple smallish photo images onto a single sheet of 4 X 6" photo paper.

I just went into the Menu and  clicked on the Format item and then clicked on Page. From the Page Setup menu I then selected the size A6, which seemed to be a 4 X 6" size page.
To insert my photo images, onto the page, on the main Menu, I clicked on Insert and then clicked on Image and then browsed to where my photo images were located.
After inserting an image I was able to resize the image to a much smaller size and position the image anywhere on the 4 X 6" sheet.
You can insert different photo images or just copy and paste the same first inserted image, onto the 4 X 6" sheet.

After filling up the 4 X 6" sheet, I saved the OpenOffice Draw image and then printed out the image onto a 4 X 6" sheet of photo paper.

Quite easy to do.

I was lucky and found different packages of different size photo paper at the dollar store, here in Lindsay.  A package of 20 sheets was $1.25  and a package of 8 sheets of  8.5 X 11" glossy photo paper was $2.  :-)

Mint 20.3 on a Dell 14" Inspiron notebook, HP Pavilion X360, 11" k120ca notebook (Linux Lubuntu), Dell 13" XPS notebook computer (MXLinux)
Cellphone Samsung A50, Koodo pre paid service

fox

Thanks for posting this, Bill. I didn't know that Draw could do this.
Ubuntu 23.10 on 2019 5k iMac
Ubuntu 22.04 on Dell XPS 13

Jason

* Zorin OS 17.1 Core and Windows 11 Pro on a Dell Precision 3630 Tower with an
i5-8600 3.1 GHz 6-core processor, dual 22" displays, 16 GB of RAM, 512 GB Nvme and a Geforce 1060 6 GB card
* Motorola Edge (2022) phone with Android 13