• Welcome to Peterborough Linux User Group (Canada) Forum.

Headphones -Very good, inexpensive headphones from Dollarama

Started by ssfc72, October 21, 2018, 12:45:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ssfc72

The Dollarama stores have a very good audio quality, on-the-ear headphone for $4. The name of the headphone is Electra.
The build quality of these headphones appear to be quite sturdy/good, as well. The headphones are very light weight, very adjustable and very comfortable, on the ears.
I actually bought a second pair to keep for future use, in case these very inexpensive headphones are no longer stocked by Dollarama.

I prefer the on-the-ear headphones for listening to movies on my computer/notebook and audio books using my phone/ipod touch. I use headphones every day, listening to the media content.
I was using some excellent JVC HAS 160B Flats headphones but they run about $25 on sale and are normally around $30 or more.

Mint 20.3 on a Dell 14" Inspiron notebook, HP Pavilion X360, 11" k120ca notebook (Linux Lubuntu), Dell 13" XPS notebook computer (MXLinux)
Cellphone Samsung A50, Koodo pre paid service

Jason

Are they the red/maroon coloured ones with the top part of the headphones being black leather for comfort? I so, these are the same ones I use and I agree with everything you've said about them and I use them all the time with my desktop computer. They seem to last just as long as $25 headphones, at least six-months. By then, I start having trouble with the cord but that's pretty typical for us (my wife uses them, too).
* Zorin OS 17.1 Core and Windows 11 Pro on a Dell Precision 3630 Tower with an
i5-8600 3.1 GHz 6-core processor, dual 22" displays, 16 GB of RAM, 512 GB Nvme and a Geforce 1060 6 GB card
* Motorola Edge (2022) phone with Android 13

ssfc72

Not sure if they are the same ones.
The headphones have the nsme, Electra, on the head band. The ear cushion has a nice black leatherette fabric, covering the sponge cushion.
Mint 20.3 on a Dell 14" Inspiron notebook, HP Pavilion X360, 11" k120ca notebook (Linux Lubuntu), Dell 13" XPS notebook computer (MXLinux)
Cellphone Samsung A50, Koodo pre paid service

Jason

Oh, probably not the same ones then. These have no name on them anywhere. They also have the same kind of ear cushioning though. Next time we have a MUG, I'll try to remember to bring them.
* Zorin OS 17.1 Core and Windows 11 Pro on a Dell Precision 3630 Tower with an
i5-8600 3.1 GHz 6-core processor, dual 22" displays, 16 GB of RAM, 512 GB Nvme and a Geforce 1060 6 GB card
* Motorola Edge (2022) phone with Android 13