• Welcome to Peterborough Linux User Group (Canada) Forum.

RemixOS - Android 6.0 Marshmellow

Started by ssfc72, August 23, 2016, 11:28:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ssfc72

Installed this to a bootable USB 3.0 thumb drive and chose a persistence option.

Very nice!!

Nice Desktop background, works pretty fast on my new HP X360  11.6" notebook.  Everthing on the notebook seems to work well. Trackpad, scrooling, tapping.  WIFI works.

I can even access the files in my Windows 10.

Streams videos well.
However, the Chrome browser won't play the flash video, on the BBC website.

Edit - Aug 24,   The Google Play Store works without any problem.
Mint 20.3 on a Dell 14" Inspiron notebook, HP Pavilion X360, 11" k120ca notebook (Linux Lubuntu), Dell 13" XPS notebook computer (MXLinux)
Cellphone Samsung A50, Koodo pre paid service

fox

Wow; that's good news! I saw that the 3.0 update was released, but hadn't had the chance to try it. This sounds like a substantial improvement over version 2. Have you tried installing it to your internal drive?
Ubuntu 23.10 on 2019 5k iMac
Ubuntu 22.04 on Dell XPS 13

ssfc72

No, I won't be installing to the hard drive.  I just want to run it from a bootable thumb drive.
Mint 20.3 on a Dell 14" Inspiron notebook, HP Pavilion X360, 11" k120ca notebook (Linux Lubuntu), Dell 13" XPS notebook computer (MXLinux)

fox

I was able to make a live usb that works on my Mac, but unfortunately, the persistent option won't even boot.

ssfc72

After selecting the persistence option,  wait for about 15 minutes before giving up and shutting down or pulling out the usb thumb drive.
It may take quite a while for the thumb drive to set up the persistence file.

fox

I tried again, this time for 1/2 hour. No joy. I'm now downloading Remix on my Dell in Windows 10 and will try again with the PC installer. OK, it works from the xps download! I don't know what was wrong with the other versions I tried.

fox

Remix on USB works pretty well on my MacBook Air, but won't boot my older Acer 1810TZ. I don't know why since the version I used is supposed to cover 64 bit and 32 bit with and without UEFI boot. Starts booting but never makes it to the Android desktop - same as Bob's Acer. But it's a big improvement over version 2 - faster, better window control, Play Store installed automatically, and it updated to the newly-released version 3.0.203 without problems.