• Welcome to Peterborough Linux User Group (Canada) Forum.

A new theme that you can try - studioV1

Started by Jason, May 24, 2018, 08:00:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jason

I've been testing a new theme for the forums over a few months. Themes are the way that the SMF platform (on which the forum operates) look and work. This one is called studioV1. You can view a screen shot of it here.

It looks better as the colour scheme goes with the magenta/wine colour of our logo. but I also think it works better and I want to give everybody a chance to try it. The easiest way is to change everyone's default to that theme which I will do on Monday which I won't force on everybody. But give it a try. I hope that you will like it.

If you can't wait you'd like to try it, you can go ahead and switch to it using these instructions:

• Click on Profile,
  • Click on the Modify Profile
  • In the drop down menu that appears, choose Look and Layout
  • To the right of Current Theme, you should see a clickable link that says change. Click it.
  • In that list, change your theme to studioV1 in the list by clicking on Use This Theme in that section.
Voila!

If you hate it, you can switch back using the instructions above.

Btw, I didn't make the themes so there isn't much I can do to change them. Sure, I can force certain text to be bigger, but since the placements of various graphics may depend on text size, it could break things (overlapping text, graphics and the like).

I suggest instead that if you find text too small that you use Ctrl + Scroll wheel to zoom in or out. You can also use Ctrl + or Ctrl -.This works in Firefox and Chrome/Chromium. My guess it that it will also do it in other browsers.

There are other themes you can play with though I haven't tested them very much. And if you don't like any of them, go here and find a theme you do like, tell me what it is, and I will install it for you.
* Zorin OS 17.1 Core and Windows 11 Pro on a Dell Precision 3630 Tower with an
i5-8600 3.1 GHz 6-core processor, dual 22" displays, 16 GB of RAM, 512 GB Nvme and a Geforce 1060 6 GB card
* Motorola Edge (2022) phone with Android 13

dougal

il'm curious to hear what you found 'works better' in this theme

Jason

Did you switch already? I don't want to say anything because I want to see if others notice it. Actually, it might not work better to you, it's in how it shows new posts (the icons) - I think they stand out better.

However, I just noticed it is missing the option you've been using. Hmmm. Because of that, I'm not going to force the change on everybody. Just use the steps above if you'd like to try it out the theme. If anybody has trouble trying it, let me know and I can do the change (and change it back if you don't like).
* Zorin OS 17.1 Core and Windows 11 Pro on a Dell Precision 3630 Tower with an
i5-8600 3.1 GHz 6-core processor, dual 22" displays, 16 GB of RAM, 512 GB Nvme and a Geforce 1060 6 GB card
* Motorola Edge (2022) phone with Android 13