• Welcome to Peterborough Linux User Group (Canada) Forum.

show unread posts since last visit

Started by dougal, May 24, 2018, 09:12:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dougal

greetings jason ...when utilizing this function it takes me to the beginning of that thread...is there a way to have it take ne to the place I last read in posting ?

cod3poet

^^ THIS! that would be absolutely lovely! I like to read, I really like to read but I prefer to read something new.
Arch, Windows, Ubuntu, MacOS. In that order. (Definitely 04/2023)
Ryzen9 5950x/128gb/2tbNVME/8TB(Current)Win11
8th gen i7/32gb/1tbNVME(Current)Arch
Macbook Pro 16/2021 m1/32gb(Current)Work
Comptia CNSP / Azure Devops Eng Expert / VMware Certified/ Sec Automation Engineer / Senior SRE

Jason

I'm using a different theme that doesn't appear to have this same option. Bring your laptop if you can when we get together today and you can show me what you mean.
* Zorin OS 17.1 Core and Windows 11 Pro on a Dell Precision 3630 Tower with an
i5-8600 3.1 GHz 6-core processor, dual 22" displays, 16 GB of RAM, 512 GB Nvme and a Geforce 1060 6 GB card
* Motorola Edge (2022) phone with Android 13

dougal

click on the 'posts since last visit' and in the recent unread topics  there is a small icon on the far right under posts column that shows 'last post' when u hover the cursor over it, click and you go directly to that post but i'm not sure you go to the first of the posts since i was there last??? have to wait to see if that turns out to be the case.

dougal

update: it starts at the last post in the thread

Jason

So, are you okay with how it works, dougal or no?
i5-8600 3.1 GHz 6-core processor, dual 22" displays, 16 GB of RAM, 512 GB Nvme and a Geforce 1060 6 GB card

dougal

i suppose it depends on how many new posts have been added since the last time ...if it's one or two that 's easy enough, but after that you end up scrolling back or forward until u get to the last one yu remember reading....so my preference would be for it to go to the last one I read or the next one which is new to me...is that a choice we could have on this format?

Jason

If I'm understanding what you're saying, I don't think so, at least not without code changes, and I'm not a PHP code monkey unfortunately.