• Welcome to Peterborough Linux User Group (Canada) Forum.

PLUG MUG: Wednesday, May 16th, 2018: Sign-up

Started by Jason, May 14, 2018, 11:15:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jason

The next one is being held at  7 pm on Wednesday, May 16, 2018 at:

Tim Horton's
898 Monaghan Road (near Lansdowne St. W.)
Peterborough, Ontario

Map

For these weekly MUGs events to keep happening, we really need to know that people are coming and roughly when.
This is to avoid situations where only one person shows up. And it also helps early birds arrange sufficient seating. Signing up just means you post below that you are intending to come; it's not an iron-clad commitment. Of course, you can still come if you haven't signed below but please do it anyway.

If you're unable to post, check this topic: Can't post? Here's why and how to fix it.

Check the day of the meeting to make sure it's still on. If at least three individuals don't sign up by noon the day of the MUG, consider the meeting canceled.

Otherwise, see you there!
* Zorin OS 17.1 Core and Windows 11 Pro on a Dell Precision 3630 Tower with an
i5-8600 3.1 GHz 6-core processor, dual 22" displays, 16 GB of RAM, 512 GB Nvme and a Geforce 1060 6 GB card
* Motorola Edge (2022) phone with Android 13

Jason

And I intend to be there just a little after 7 pm. Two more people by noon on Wednesday and we have a MUG meeting. Less and it's canceled. What say you?
i5-8600 3.1 GHz 6-core processor, dual 22" displays, 16 GB of RAM, 512 GB Nvme and a Geforce 1060 6 GB card

fox

I see it has moved to Wednesday; missed that before. I will come around 8:00.
Ubuntu 23.10 on 2019 5k iMac
Ubuntu 22.04 on Dell XPS 13

William Park

It's summer, so I'll come.  Wednesday is actually better for me.

Jason

Quote from: fox on May 14, 2018, 03:21:47 PM
I see it has moved to Wednesday; missed that before. I will come around 8:00.
We haven't moved it to any specific day of the week. I think we're trying out this ad-hoc approach weekly that Bill suggested here where basically it's up to a member who wants to attend a MUG to say when he/she can do it this week and see if two others can go then, too.

At least we're trying it for this week. I jumped the gun on this (got over-excited by the idea) so Brian needs to approve it if we try it again the following week. Brian also suggested the possibility of online meetings. It's hard letting go :D

Seeing three of us posting, this meeting is on. Of course, I hope others can attend, too. See you there!

ssfc72

This Wed.  looks good to me. I should be able to ride the motorcycle in to ptbo.
I should make it, sometime after 7 pm.

Bill
Mint 20.3 on a Dell 14" Inspiron notebook, HP Pavilion X360, 11" k120ca notebook (Linux Lubuntu), Dell 13" XPS notebook computer (MXLinux)
Cellphone Samsung A50, Koodo pre paid service

William Park

Paul Kneeland

It looks like Laurie and I will be coming. We should be there around 9:00 PM.

ssfc72

Just me , at this time. I will be leaving shortly after 9 pm.

Update:  Ok , Mike , Jason and Dougal are now here!
Mint 20.3 on a Dell 14" Inspiron notebook, HP Pavilion X360, 11" k120ca notebook (Linux Lubuntu), Dell 13" XPS notebook computer (MXLinux)
Cellphone Samsung A50, Koodo pre paid service