• Welcome to Peterborough Linux User Group (Canada) Forum.

Lost posted message

Started by ssfc72, March 13, 2018, 09:56:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ssfc72

While I was posting a response, to a message on the Forum, after I clicked on Post, a message came up, saying the someone else had already posted a message.

When I went back to the Forum message, the post that I had just made, was not recorded. It just disappeared  into the bit bucket.

This might be a Bug, that needs to be passed onto whoever Codes the simplemachines forum software.
Mint 20.3 on a Dell 14" Inspiron notebook, HP Pavilion X360, 11" k120ca notebook (Linux Lubuntu), Dell 13" XPS notebook computer (MXLinux)
Cellphone Samsung A50, Koodo pre paid service

Jason

That's odd. I haven't heard of this happening before. Thanks for reporting.

Is this the first time it has happened to you, Bill?

Can anyone else let me know if you have experienced this happening (with the same steps involved)?

I ask because normally to report a bug, it has to be something that you can reproduce so the developer can ascertain the state at that point in the program in order to find the source of the bug.
* Zorin OS 17.1 Core and Windows 11 Pro on a Dell Precision 3630 Tower with an
i5-8600 3.1 GHz 6-core processor, dual 22" displays, 16 GB of RAM, 512 GB Nvme and a Geforce 1060 6 GB card
* Motorola Edge (2022) phone with Android 13

ssfc72

I think I recall it happening once before, quite a while ago.
We could easily reproduce the events, that resulted in the bug.
Maybe at the next Mug, you and I can try it out.
Mint 20.3 on a Dell 14" Inspiron notebook, HP Pavilion X360, 11" k120ca notebook (Linux Lubuntu), Dell 13" XPS notebook computer (MXLinux)
Cellphone Samsung A50, Koodo pre paid service

Jason

Sure we can try it at the next MUG.
* Zorin OS 17.1 Core and Windows 11 Pro on a Dell Precision 3630 Tower with an
i5-8600 3.1 GHz 6-core processor, dual 22" displays, 16 GB of RAM, 512 GB Nvme and a Geforce 1060 6 GB card
* Motorola Edge (2022) phone with Android 13