• Welcome to Peterborough Linux User Group (Canada) Forum.

Florida school shooting was 17th incident this year

Started by ssfc72, February 16, 2018, 10:46:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ssfc72

According to an article on the National Post website,  the Florida school shooting was the 17th incident of a shooting at a US school,  this year!!
Meanwhile Trump remains silent on gun control!
Mint 20.3 on a Dell 14" Inspiron notebook, HP Pavilion X360, 11" k120ca notebook (Linux Lubuntu), Dell 13" XPS notebook computer (MXLinux)
Cellphone Samsung A50, Koodo pre paid service

fox

And it knocked the Columbine incident out of the top 10 school shootings in the U.S. (based on number of people killed). The situation seems hopeless there - too many influential people wedded to unfettered gun rights.
Ubuntu 23.10 on 2019 5k iMac
Ubuntu 22.04 on Dell XPS 13

Jason

I agree. It does look pretty much hopeless. To solve this problem requires a leader willing to take on the NRA. It's really just the NRA because most Americans do support limits on gun ownership, background checks and all of those things. This guy was apparently a white supremacist who was trained in some militia. I bet that would have come up in a background check, seeing as how many of these white supremacist groups are under investigation by the FBI. They're considered to be the biggest threat to other Americans, not ISIS, not Muslims, not foreign terrorists, home-grown white supremacist terrorists.
* Zorin OS 17.1 Core and Windows 11 Pro on a Dell Precision 3630 Tower with an
i5-8600 3.1 GHz 6-core processor, dual 22" displays, 16 GB of RAM, 512 GB Nvme and a Geforce 1060 6 GB card
* Motorola Edge (2022) phone with Android 13