• Welcome to Peterborough Linux User Group (Canada) Forum.

Welcoming Brian, our new Prez!

Started by buster, February 14, 2018, 11:18:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

buster

Welcome Brian as our new leader. I'm really surprised that someone as young as you can get the job. I thought you had to be old like Jason. So I'm proved wrong again. Please ask for help if you need it. Willing to assist in any way I can unless it involves work.

Harry
Growing up from childhood and becoming an adult is highly overrated.

Jason

You're wrong as often as you're right, Harry! :-) I decided it'd be good for the club to continue existing after the rest of us old farts pass on if Trump doesn't get us all killed before then.
* Zorin OS 17.1 Core and Windows 11 Pro on a Dell Precision 3630 Tower with an
i5-8600 3.1 GHz 6-core processor, dual 22" displays, 16 GB of RAM, 512 GB Nvme and a Geforce 1060 6 GB card
* Motorola Edge (2022) phone with Android 13

fox

Jason, old? C'mon.  :) I think Brian will do good things for the club, even if his laptop is a Microsoft Surface Pro.  ;D
Ubuntu 23.10 on 2019 5k iMac
Ubuntu 22.04 on Dell XPS 13

cod3poet

Better to come in with a laugh than a groan, you know because of the age, and the joint pain.

Much appreciated!

As for the Surface, I only asked for the position because I have so much MS Guilt. That and I have been using Linux since the early days of Slackware.

And of course the people are another reason for wanting to contribute so we can keep having fun.
Arch, Windows, Ubuntu, MacOS. In that order. (Definitely 04/2023)
Ryzen9 5950x/128gb/2tbNVME/8TB(Current)Win11
8th gen i7/32gb/1tbNVME(Current)Arch
Macbook Pro 16/2021 m1/32gb(Current)Work
Comptia CNSP / Azure Devops Eng Expert / VMware Certified/ Sec Automation Engineer / Senior SRE

fox

Actually, I have to admit that the Surface Pro looks like a pretty good machine (groan!), though it would have looked better without that Windows 10 desktop looking back at me.
Ubuntu 23.10 on 2019 5k iMac
Ubuntu 22.04 on Dell XPS 13