• Welcome to Peterborough Linux User Group (Canada) Forum.

Resignation as President

Started by Jason, February 04, 2018, 07:32:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jason

At 4:21 PM EST on Sunday, February 4, 2018, Bob Foley sent me this text:

QuoteI hereby tender my resignation and withdraw from the club with immediate effect.

We had had a conflict and unfortunately it could not be resolved. This is unfortunate and I asked him to stay on but he had already made his decision and so with a heavy heart, I accepted his resignation.

I appreciate his contribution and service to PLUG over the many years. I'm sure that I'm not alone in passing on to Bob our heartfelt thanks for everything he has done on behalf of promoting Linux and helping the many new users to Linux get accustomed to this wonderful OS.

And on a personal note, Bob, I hope we will still see you at future meetings.

All the best, Bob!
* Zorin OS 17.1 Core and Windows 11 Pro on a Dell Precision 3630 Tower with an
i5-8600 3.1 GHz 6-core processor, dual 22" displays, 16 GB of RAM, 512 GB Nvme and a Geforce 1060 6 GB card
* Motorola Edge (2022) phone with Android 13

ssfc72

Bob, please reconsider!  At least, please still attend the PLUG meetings and PLUG Mugs.

Your contribution to the Linux group was a great asset and your helpful advice and enthusiasm is greatly appreciated.

Bill
Mint 20.3 on a Dell 14" Inspiron notebook, HP Pavilion X360, 11" k120ca notebook (Linux Lubuntu), Dell 13" XPS notebook computer (MXLinux)
Cellphone Samsung A50, Koodo pre paid service

fox

Very unfortunate. Bob is one of our most talented geeks, and has helped me on numerous occasions. I hope we'll see him back soon at meetings and PLUG MUGS.  :(
Ubuntu 23.10 on 2019 5k iMac
Ubuntu 22.04 on Dell XPS 13

dougal

If my skills and experience as a volunteer mediator in the community can be of any support for those who are involved in this to come to a different understanding and/or outcome of those relationships , I would be happy to do so at any time .

Jason

I didn't know you did that, dougal. Interesting. Thank you for the offer.

I don't think there is much I can do personally. However if you see this, Bob, I'd be willing to meet you anywhere, and anytime with you and dougal as mediator. Even though you've resigned, it'd be nice to still be friends and/or to have you out at meetings. If you wish, you can contact dougal directly and we can arrange something. If you don't wish to, I understand.

And I want to be absolutely clear that even if you don't wish to be friends, you are still always welcome at PLUG.
* Zorin OS 17.1 Core and Windows 11 Pro on a Dell Precision 3630 Tower with an
i5-8600 3.1 GHz 6-core processor, dual 22" displays, 16 GB of RAM, 512 GB Nvme and a Geforce 1060 6 GB card
* Motorola Edge (2022) phone with Android 13