• Welcome to Peterborough Linux User Group (Canada) Forum.

I am still alive!

Started by gmiller1977, November 05, 2017, 05:05:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gmiller1977

Hey all,

My apologies for the vanishing act.  I know my last message was about some old hardware that I had... which I still have.  I've just been going through some changes in my life that required my attention.

I logged onto the PLUG website earlier this evening and saw there is a good discussion about RAID and Linux at the next meet.  I am hopeful I can make it.

While I am there, I am also able to bring my hardware that I have for redistribution.  The only thing I'm not going to supply is hard drives, mainly because of security.

If anyone wants to know what the hardware is, I am happy to post, and bring what people want.

Again, my apologies for the disappearing act.  I hope all is well with you guys.

ssfc72

Hi!  Good to hear that you are still alive! :-)

Yes, post the items you are able to redistribute, on the Forums and see if anyone has an interest in taking them off your hands.

Bill
Mint 20.3 on a Dell 14" Inspiron notebook, HP Pavilion X360, 11" k120ca notebook (Linux Lubuntu), Dell 13" XPS notebook computer (MXLinux)
Cellphone Samsung A50, Koodo pre paid service

Jason

This is your old list from the previous forums, Glen, in case this saves you some time posting it all again. Could just copy/edit/paste if there are changes in the listing.

http://plugintolinux.ca/node/306
* Zorin OS 17.1 Core and Windows 11 Pro on a Dell Precision 3630 Tower with an
i5-8600 3.1 GHz 6-core processor, dual 22" displays, 16 GB of RAM, 512 GB Nvme and a Geforce 1060 6 GB card
* Motorola Edge (2022) phone with Android 13

gmiller1977

Thanks for the previous post!  Yes, all of these items are still on the list with the exception of the Mini 10.  It ceased to be a netbook lol

1 x Acer Extensa 5635Z laptop - Pentium T4300, 2GB of RAM. Working battery (has about 3.5 hours of battery life), DVDRW, LAN/WLAN, etc. Has a license for Windows 7 Home Premium and I think I might have install media for it.

1 x Dell Inspiron 531S SFF systems - AMD Athlon X2, 2GB of RAM (might be 4GB, don't remember), DVDRW. It uses a standard SATA drive. Built in LAN, nForce2 chipset and graphics. Has a license for Windows Vista

1 x PowerEdge T105 server - don't remember the specifics, but it's an Opteron processor, 4GB of RAM and a SATA hard drive.

2 x Radeon 5450 PCI-e graphics cards (1 full height with VGA, HDMI and DVI), the other half height (HDMI, DVI).

1 x Promise FastTrak TX4310 SATA PCI RAID controller. Does RAID 0 and 1. I think it works with Linux too. I've got SATA cables to go with.

2 x Lenovo ThinkPad laptop stands (works with any laptop) - looks like the picture in this link: https://support.lenovo.com/ca/en/solutions/migr-72680

Let me know and I can bring it to the next Monday meeting.

gmiller1977

....and as previously mentioned, all of these are available for free to a good home.  We don't smoke, or have pets either :)

Jason

I'd like the Acer Extensa 5635Z laptop please if it has the power adapter, too, and one of the laptop stands. I like some of the other stuff but really just don't have the room. But a laptop you can put anywhere :)
i5-8600 3.1 GHz 6-core processor, dual 22" displays, 16 GB of RAM, 512 GB Nvme and a Geforce 1060 6 GB card

William Park

I'll take the other laptop stand.

gmiller1977

The laptop does indeed have a power cord.  It's all in great shape.

so 1 x laptop and 2 x stands gone :)

Jason

Great, Glen, thanks! And if you're unable to make a meeting, let us know, I'm sure we could arrange a road trip to pick stuff up.

gmiller1977

Nah I should be able to meet up with you.  Maybe we can do it at a MUG night too.  Nothing suspicious about a bunch of computer hardware being unloaded out of the back of car in a dark parking lot, right? lol

Jason

Quote from: gmiller1977 on November 14, 2017, 05:45:14 PM
Nah I should be able to meet up with you.  Maybe we can do it at a MUG night too.  Nothing suspicious about a bunch of computer hardware being unloaded out of the back of car in a dark parking lot, right? lol

Not at all! :)

cod3poet

That is my favorite kind of hardware :)
Arch, Windows, Ubuntu, MacOS. In that order. (Definitely 04/2023)
Ryzen9 5950x/128gb/2tbNVME/8TB(Current)Win11
8th gen i7/32gb/1tbNVME(Current)Arch
Macbook Pro 16/2021 m1/32gb(Current)Work
Comptia CNSP / Azure Devops Eng Expert / VMware Certified/ Sec Automation Engineer / Senior SRE