• Welcome to Peterborough Linux User Group (Canada) Forum.

Tip! - The Windscribe VPN now has a Linux App

Started by ssfc72, September 05, 2017, 10:37:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ssfc72

The Windscribe VPN, which has a free basic version, now has an App for Linux. :-)
It is Beta and is command line based, but seems to work well.

Previously Windscribe had a free App for the Windows OS, but for Linux you had to pay for the Pro version of Windscribe, to be able to use it with Linux.

Bill
Mint 20.3 on a Dell 14" Inspiron notebook, HP Pavilion X360, 11" k120ca notebook (Linux Lubuntu), Dell 13" XPS notebook computer (MXLinux)
Cellphone Samsung A50, Koodo pre paid service

fox

Ubuntu 23.10 on 2019 5k iMac
Ubuntu 22.04 on Dell XPS 13

ssfc72

Mint 20.3 on a Dell 14" Inspiron notebook, HP Pavilion X360, 11" k120ca notebook (Linux Lubuntu), Dell 13" XPS notebook computer (MXLinux)
Cellphone Samsung A50, Koodo pre paid service

Jason

Cool! Note that many VPNs offer PPTP settings which you can configure in Network Manager if they don't offer a Linux specific-app. It takes a bit more work, maybe a lot more work depending on how many locations you want to connect to, but it's passable. I used to do this Private Internet Access when I couldn't get their Ubuntu client to work properly. Now it seems to be fine.
* Zorin OS 17.1 Core and Windows 11 Pro on a Dell Precision 3630 Tower with an
i5-8600 3.1 GHz 6-core processor, dual 22" displays, 16 GB of RAM, 512 GB Nvme and a Geforce 1060 6 GB card
* Motorola Edge (2022) phone with Android 13

bobf

I will definitely follow up on that - as you know, getting past a router in front of another router has been an unsolvable problem thus far, though I have yet to attempt to set up a routing table to redirect ports to unused members of the 1st 1024. I believe a combination of the two might solve the problem, at least in my head (and of course it works gangbusters at my house...)

Thanks!