• Welcome to Peterborough Linux User Group (Canada) Forum.

September 2017: PLUG Meeting: THIS MONDAY! September 4, 2017

Started by Jason, August 31, 2017, 11:03:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jason

PLUG resumes its monthly general meetings starting this Monday:

Topic: Linux Mint 18.2

More details here:
http://plugintolinux.ca/node/421

This presentation is suitable for total beginners to Linux. Please invite your friends who have the slightest interest in Linux to come out with you!
* Zorin OS 17.1 Core and Windows 11 Pro on a Dell Precision 3630 Tower with an
i5-8600 3.1 GHz 6-core processor, dual 22" displays, 16 GB of RAM, 512 GB Nvme and a Geforce 1060 6 GB card
* Motorola Edge (2022) phone with Android 13

William Park

ssfc72

Soory guys, but I don't think I will make the meeting this eve, due to the rain storm.

Bill
Mint 20.3 on a Dell 14" Inspiron notebook, HP Pavilion X360, 11" k120ca notebook (Linux Lubuntu), Dell 13" XPS notebook computer (MXLinux)
Cellphone Samsung A50, Koodo pre paid service

fox

Excellent presentation last night, Jason. Particularly interesting that it was supposed to be for beginners, and despite there being no beginners in the room, the Q & A kept it going until well after 9 pm!
Ubuntu 23.10 on 2019 5k iMac
Ubuntu 22.04 on Dell XPS 13

buster

I agree with Mike that it was a pleasant (and at times very funny meeting) which everyone seemed to enjoy. And Mike, just so you know,you slept through the very best part of the evening when the pretty ladies brought in the free beer and popcorn! That was a lovely touch Jason  to add to your last day as president.

And thanks Jason for 21 years of being president of the club. You've done a lot of work, and basically held the club together through the thin times - getting the elusive venues, running the forum page, doing presentations when no one else volunteered.

Thanks Jason.
Growing up from childhood and becoming an adult is highly overrated.

ssfc72

I will second that!!  Thanks Jason!

Bill

Quote from: buster on September 05, 2017, 10:16:31 AM

And thanks Jason for 21 years of being president of the club. You've done a lot of work, and basically held the club together through the thin times - getting the elusive venues, running the forum page, doing presentations when no one else volunteered.

Thanks Jason.
Mint 20.3 on a Dell 14" Inspiron notebook, HP Pavilion X360, 11" k120ca notebook (Linux Lubuntu), Dell 13" XPS notebook computer (MXLinux)
Cellphone Samsung A50, Koodo pre paid service

Jason

Thanks to everybody that showed up and made an interesting evening. When we first got there a few minutes before 7 pm nobody was there. I was worried that only one or two might show or it might be just Bob and me!

And thanks for being a great group of people with interesting questions and comments and all kinds of useful tips throughout my tenure. It's been a privilege and an honour!
i5-8600 3.1 GHz 6-core processor, dual 22" displays, 16 GB of RAM, 512 GB Nvme and a Geforce 1060 6 GB card

fox

Here, here! Thanks for all your years of service to the club and to our favourite OS!
Ubuntu 23.10 on 2019 5k iMac
Ubuntu 22.04 on Dell XPS 13

Jason

bobf

Always a pleasure, Jason! As president emeritus you now don the mantle of wizened guru, salt & pepper of hair, possibly even ears of Spock, ever-ready to enthrall all who gather to listen and learn of the ways of the Linux masters who've gone before...

"...You guys have NO idea how GOOD you have it! I remember, back in the day, Linux, laptops & wifi could not get their respective acts together! A unified GUI, one set of tools - are you KIDDING?! We've written tens of thousands of different tools! It falls to you to LEARN THEM ALL! Carry on..."  :)

You know... THAT guy!!

And sorry that Hawaii thing didn't come together...!!

Jason

Lol. Thanks, Bob. There's still time for you all to put your dollars together for that Hawaii trip!