• Welcome to Peterborough Linux User Group (Canada) Forum.

PLUG MUG: Monday, March 20, 2017: Sign-Up

Started by bobf, March 14, 2017, 01:37:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bobf

Each MONDAY evening, except the first Monday of the month, beginning at about 7 pm, everyone is welcome to hang out with other PLUGgers at Tim Horton's Coffee & Donuts on Monaghan Road just north of Lansdowne Street. We call these nights PLUG MUGs. There is Free wireless Internet and no agenda; just friends hanging out, and talking about everything from Linux to X-rays.

If you're planning on attending this MUG, please POST BELOW. It helps people coming from out of town to know if anybody is coming. By the way, you don't have to be there right at 7 pm, that's just a suggested time. We fully expect people to show up at different times. If you're not coming at 7-8 pm though, let us know roughly when you're coming so we can wait for you.

Synchronize your watches!! <^8# See you there!

bobf

A call to arms, all! I'm supposed to be starting an Amateur Radio Course on the 20th @ 7pm up at Adam Scott, and it's going to run 13 weeks, including the final exam. *IF* I pursue this, my ability to maintain the MUG presence will have to be augmented by those who can get there before 9pm, or whenever I've finished for the evening. And, I won't even get to the monthlies at all, just to the coffee meeting thereafter!

Belly up to the bar, boys & girls! <^8#

Jason

And you've always been such a fixture at every meeting. We're gonna' miss you if you take the course. Hopefully, you'll be able to make the May or June meeting. Sounds like it should be fun, however!
* Zorin OS 17.1 Core and Windows 11 Pro on a Dell Precision 3630 Tower with an
i5-8600 3.1 GHz 6-core processor, dual 22" displays, 16 GB of RAM, 512 GB Nvme and a Geforce 1060 6 GB card
* Motorola Edge (2022) phone with Android 13

ssfc72

That would be neat, Bob, for you to get your Ham license!

I would have no problem, if the Mug was moved to another evening of the week, while you are taking your course.
Mint 20.3 on a Dell 14" Inspiron notebook, HP Pavilion X360, 11" k120ca notebook (Linux Lubuntu), Dell 13" XPS notebook computer (MXLinux)
Cellphone Samsung A50, Koodo pre paid service

Jason

I'd be opening to moving the meeting night, too. No particular necessity for it to be on a Monday.
i5-8600 3.1 GHz 6-core processor, dual 22" displays, 16 GB of RAM, 512 GB Nvme and a Geforce 1060 6 GB card

fox

Same here. Wednesday or Thursday would be good.
Ubuntu 23.10 on 2019 5k iMac
Ubuntu 22.04 on Dell XPS 13

bobf

Thank you, gentlemen, for the vote of confidence. We used to do it on Thursday nights, a VERY long time ago, and moved both to keep everything in sync accommodating another of our long-standing members, whom I must say, we very rarely see any more. Jason, could you check with Applewood to see if, even temporarily, we could move to one of the Thursday nights for the monthly? It sounds like my classes will only be an hour long, which shouldn't delay me too much anyway, but will definitely impact the monthly to a greater degree. Moving the MUG is trivial, but will undoubtedly confuse occasional visitors, and I may not manage making it to the monthly until it's just about time to leave for Timmy's (awww! <^8#)

I expect we could manage just fine regardless, but perhaps it's time to put the question to the membership: Is it time to move to another evening in the week, and what preferences might there be?

Anyway, thanks, guys; I should nail the course, and have a lot more background to make headway in the IRLP/Echolink arena as well.

Bob. <^8#

Jason

I thought we were just talking about moving the MUG nights to a different night of the week not the monthly meetings.

Though I love you, man, I think moving the monthly meeting to another night would be a bad idea because it would confuse too many people. We'd end up losing several people every meeting (and not the same people) until they got used to it. Also, Mondays were the only weeknights available at Applewood. But I can check again with Laurie to see if another night opened up.

Jason

I'll be at the MUG. I'm going to try for just after 7:10 pm (taking the bus) but if that doesn't work out, I'll be there for sure by 7:50 pm on the following bus.

ssfc72

I expect I will be there shortly after 7 pm.

Bob, 13 weeks without seeing you at a Mug, is too long an absence!  Hopefully you have another evening available, during the week, that we can temporarily move the Mug night, to.
Mint 20.3 on a Dell 14" Inspiron notebook, HP Pavilion X360, 11" k120ca notebook (Linux Lubuntu), Dell 13" XPS notebook computer (MXLinux)
Cellphone Samsung A50, Koodo pre paid service

Paul Kneeland

But This MUG meeting is on Monday, correct?

Jason

Quote from: Paul Kneeland on March 19, 2017, 09:09:15 PM
But This MUG meeting is on Monday, correct?

That's correct. We have yet to make the decision to move the MUG to a different day.

I was hoping Scott would have gotten back to me as it'd be nice to move it to a night he could also attend. I'll have to text him again.

Bob, if you like I'll take over the MUG posting until your course is done. And good luck with it, man!

Paul Kneeland

Laurie and I might be there about 8 00 PM.

Jason

fox

Ubuntu 23.10 on 2019 5k iMac
Ubuntu 22.04 on Dell XPS 13