• Welcome to Peterborough Linux User Group (Canada) Forum.

Newjoiner!

Started by sxravan, January 22, 2024, 10:18:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sxravan

Hello all,

I'm Shravan, Linux System Engineer from Mauritius with 4 years of experience. I came to Canada back in December 2023 to pursue a post grad in Information Technology Infrastructure at Conestoga College.

I've been active in the community back in my home country and would like to be a part of this community as well!

The latest presentation I did in Mauritius was at DevCon 2023 which was held at Caudan Arts Centre, Port Louis.

I'm including 2 LinkedIn links in here so you guys can take a look.

https://www.linkedin.com/posts/shravandwarka_zilye-2023pdf-activity-7154567751750012928-gMi8
https://www.linkedin.com/posts/shravandwarka_mscc-devconmu-devcon23-activity-7089111968384495616-bzLP

Btw, if you have a part-time remote opportunity for a Linux sysadmin guy, hit me up!

I'm currently working as a part-time Linux System Engineer from Mauritius (full remote), I would like to taste the Canadian experience as well.

Cheers,
Shravan

buster

Welcome Shravan. Welcome to our PLUG.

I'm curious. Are you signing into some of the larger Ontario Linux groups on the web as well? We do have some connections to other groups that might help you in your career pursuits.
Growing up from childhood and becoming an adult is highly overrated.

Jason

Welcome, sxravan! Are you hoping to return to Canada for a career? Not that I don't love Canada, but from what I've read about Mauritius online, you're better off working remotely there! :) It Looks like a well-off high-income country and certainly has nicer weather than what we get in most of Canada! Does it really look like this?

* Zorin OS 17.1 Core and Windows 11 Pro on a Dell Precision 3630 Tower with an
i5-8600 3.1 GHz 6-core processor, dual 22" displays, 16 GB of RAM, 512 GB Nvme and a Geforce 1060 6 GB card
* Motorola Edge (2022) phone with Android 13