Author Topic: Article on Nanoparticles  (Read 320 times)

Offline Jason

• Administrator
  • Master
  • Humanist. Skeptic. Husband.
Article on Nanoparticles
« on: December 21, 2021, 12:44:44 pm »
This article is quite interesting about nanoparticles and all the different ways they're used. I think you'll be surprised as I was.

https://theconversation.com/the-nanoparticles-in-mrna-vaccines-are-nothing-to-fear-we-interact-with-many-useful-tiny-particles-every-day-168479?utm_source=pocket_mylist
"With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world." - Max Ehrmann, Desiderata

Offline ssfc72

• Master
Re: Article on Nanoparticles
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2021, 04:35:47 pm »
Thanks Jason. That was a good article, since it dealt with the apparently false fear some people have about nanoparticles used in vaccines.
Mint 19.1 on a Dell 14" Inspiron notebook, HP Pavilion X360, 11" k120ca notebook (Linux Lubuntu), Dell 13" XPS notebook computer (MX Linux)
Cellphone Samsung A50, PCMobile pay as you go

Offline Jason

• Administrator
  • Master
  • Humanist. Skeptic. Husband.
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2021, 09:01:47 pm »
Yeah, that surprised me a bit. I've never heard of the work 'nanoparticles' used in relation to vaccines. Have you? I can see how hearing it might the technology-hesitant crowd. I wonder if it's because a similar word, "nanites" which only exist in science fiction, disturbs them. In the sci-fi novels I've read and movies I've seen, they're robots that can fix people from the inside repairing tissues and such but then they run amok.
"With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world." - Max Ehrmann, Desiderata

Offline ssfc72

• Master
« Reply #3 on: December 25, 2021, 12:09:15 am »
Nanoparticles in vaccines was news to me as well.
Mint 19.1 on a Dell 14" Inspiron notebook, HP Pavilion X360, 11" k120ca notebook (Linux Lubuntu), Dell 13" XPS notebook computer (MX Linux)
Cellphone Samsung A50, PCMobile pay as you go