• Welcome to Peterborough Linux User Group (Canada) Forum.

Plug Feburary Meeting

Started by ssfc72, February 03, 2017, 12:06:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ssfc72

For the upcoming meeting, this Monday, I could do a short demo on using a $60 USB dongle to receive over the air, HD TV broadcast signal, to watch HD TV on you computer/notebook and schedule recordings to take, of any TV show.

Bill
Mint 20.3 on a Dell 14" Inspiron notebook, HP Pavilion X360, 11" k120ca notebook (Linux Lubuntu), Dell 13" XPS notebook computer (MXLinux)
Cellphone Samsung A50, Koodo pre paid service

fox

I would be interested in that. And as I mentioned at the last PLUG MUG, I could do a short piece on KDE Neon, though I would prefer to hear Bob do a piece on TrueOS (former PCBSD).
Ubuntu 23.10 on 2019 5k iMac
Ubuntu 22.04 on Dell XPS 13

Jason

I would love to hear those presentations. Thanks so much, guys!

Sorry I haven't posted yet. It's coming! To anybody reading, we are confirmed for Monday at 7 pm at Applewood Retirement Residence. Announcement to follow this afternoon.
* Zorin OS 17.1 Core and Windows 11 Pro on a Dell Precision 3630 Tower with an
i5-8600 3.1 GHz 6-core processor, dual 22" displays, 16 GB of RAM, 512 GB Nvme and a Geforce 1060 6 GB card
* Motorola Edge (2022) phone with Android 13

Jason

i5-8600 3.1 GHz 6-core processor, dual 22" displays, 16 GB of RAM, 512 GB Nvme and a Geforce 1060 6 GB card

buster

Bill, this is another meeting I really want to see, but Marilyn is having  a lens transplant on Tuesday at the hospital, and I should be home with her Monday. So I missed Jason's last month which I wanted to see, and yours this month. And March and April are always iffy. I should get a discount on my $25! I'll speak to my friend Trump. Or maybe just tweet him. Or maybe just have another beer.
Growing up from childhood and becoming an adult is highly overrated.

Jason

Good luck to Marilyn, Harry. I hope it goes perfectly. We'll miss you, but come by a MUG sometime and let us know how it went.

ssfc72

Hi Harry!  No problem, just let us know when you can make a Plug meeting and I can bring the gear and do another demo for you. :-)
Mint 20.3 on a Dell 14" Inspiron notebook, HP Pavilion X360, 11" k120ca notebook (Linux Lubuntu), Dell 13" XPS notebook computer (MXLinux)
Cellphone Samsung A50, Koodo pre paid service

fox

I hope Marilyn's surgery goes well.
Ubuntu 23.10 on 2019 5k iMac
Ubuntu 22.04 on Dell XPS 13

buster

Thank you very much for your concern. I'll tell Marilyn. For added interest to the day, the weather has decided to dump a lot of snow on us Tuesday.
Growing up from childhood and becoming an adult is highly overrated.

bobf

All the best to Marilyn, she's in our thoughts. Would t'were that it were, Harry; now it sounds like freezing rain mixed with rain and/or snow (?!?) and -3 deg C. Thankfully, there hasn't been as much retained ice this year as the previous few, wreaking havoc for our about-to-be 14-year-old dog Tuffty. He likes to be out in the cold (little weirdo! <^8#) but with a compromised back end, walking gets nigh on impossible when it's a skating rink out there! And snow I can handle; melted-off yellow grass I can handle, but freezing rain? I just go to ground and cocoon until it: a) passes, b) Mr. Sidewalk Plow Man goes by, or (and my favourite!) c) spring arrives to send all of it on its way!! <^8#