• Welcome to Peterborough Linux User Group (Canada) Forum.

HDMI to dvi adapter

Started by ssfc72, January 25, 2017, 10:20:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ssfc72

Anyone got one of these adapters that I could try out?.
I bought one from eBay, from an outfit in Toronto, but it appears to be a dud.
It did not work on the dvi input of my computer monitor.

I tried using it with the HDMI on my notebook computer and with the HDMI of the raspberry pi 3, all of which work when connected to the HDMI on my HD TV.
Mint 20.3 on a Dell 14" Inspiron notebook, HP Pavilion X360, 11" k120ca notebook (Linux Lubuntu), Dell 13" XPS notebook computer (MXLinux)
Cellphone Samsung A50, Koodo pre paid service

bobf

Geez, Bill! It never even occurred to me that you might need to try the combination together just to see if they work. I had one in my backpack last night, you'd've been welcome to take it home and check it out! The only possible drag might've been to find out that you weren't able to make it out next week to the monthly, and I needed it to adapt someone's HDMI into the big projector, but, hey, it wouldn't be the first time everybody squeezed in around a little notebook to see a presentation we couldn't successfully connect to the projector because of BIOS quirks, resolution woes, etc.! <^8#

If you haven't got another from eBay/China/wherever by the meeting (and you make it out, of course!), don't leave the meeting without getting mine from me.

See you there!
Bob. <^8#