• Welcome to Peterborough Linux User Group (Canada) Forum.

Temporary forums test: Members will have to login to see posts

Started by Jason, February 19, 2020, 03:46:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jason

Temporarily, to see the forums everyone will have to login. You won't be able to view anything on the forums without logging in.

As I previously noted, I'm getting error messages over email regarding the operation of the server. The frequency of them has been increasing. In order to isolate the problem, I'm requiring logins to view the forums this as a temporary test.

I DO NOT plan on leaving it this way. I'm just doing it for a couple of days. It will be returned to its normal operation after that.

I appreciate your patience.

Update: The test has ended. It provided some information but doesn't help me solve the problem unfortunately.
* Zorin OS 17.1 Core and Windows 11 Pro on a Dell Precision 3630 Tower with an
i5-8600 3.1 GHz 6-core processor, dual 22" displays, 16 GB of RAM, 512 GB Nvme and a Geforce 1060 6 GB card
* Motorola Edge (2022) phone with Android 13

BusterE

If we have to log in, how come when I checked the bottom of the main page, it said we had BusterE and 31 guests viewing? How did they get in, all right now? 6:07 pm Wed.

Just curious.
BusterMan - Strong like Ox! Smart like elevator!

Jason

They didn't get in. They're simply viewing the login page.

Anyway, the test did help me gather some information faster than I thought. I'm ending the test right after I type this post.
* Zorin OS 17.1 Core and Windows 11 Pro on a Dell Precision 3630 Tower with an
i5-8600 3.1 GHz 6-core processor, dual 22" displays, 16 GB of RAM, 512 GB Nvme and a Geforce 1060 6 GB card
* Motorola Edge (2022) phone with Android 13