• Welcome to Peterborough Linux User Group (Canada) Forum.

Anybody getting errors trying to login, view or create posts?

Started by Jason, February 15, 2020, 06:02:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jason

Seeing strange error messages relating to the forums that started about 16 hours ago and are increasing in frequency. If you notice any error messages or can remember when you logged in in the last 24 hours, can you let me know via PM or using the contact page on the main website ( https://plugintolinux.ca ). If you can't remember the times, just let me know if you've seen error messages.

I've contacted our host but they take 48 hours to get back usually. So I'd like to get more information about how it is affecting your performance and if there is a connection between members using the forums and the error messages. Then maybe I can troubleshooting the problem myself.

Thanks.
* Zorin OS 17.1 Core and Windows 11 Pro on a Dell Precision 3630 Tower with an
i5-8600 3.1 GHz 6-core processor, dual 22" displays, 16 GB of RAM, 512 GB Nvme and a Geforce 1060 6 GB card
* Motorola Edge (2022) phone with Android 13

ssfc72

I haven't seen any error messages from my usage , so far.
Mint 20.3 on a Dell 14" Inspiron notebook, HP Pavilion X360, 11" k120ca notebook (Linux Lubuntu), Dell 13" XPS notebook computer (MXLinux)
Cellphone Samsung A50, Koodo pre paid service

Jason

i5-8600 3.1 GHz 6-core processor, dual 22" displays, 16 GB of RAM, 512 GB Nvme and a Geforce 1060 6 GB card

Jason

Still getting those darn error messages. If everything is working, I guess I don't need to worry but it's still concerning. As a computer guy, I hate ignoring errors, especially when they occur every 30-120 minutes. Warnings I can live with. Our host doesn't think it's on their end but nothing changed on our end so I'm almost stumped. Support gave me some suggestions on things to try, some bizarre talk about CPU wait cycles and such which I still barely understand after some voracious googling. But I think I'm going to have to install some monitoring software on the server so I catch when it's occurring and why.

Again, if anybody notices weird things happening related to login or even outright error messages that say something about a database particularly, let me know. Please note the time when it happens so I can see if there is a connection between that and the emailed error messages I get.

I'm learning more about server administration than I ever wanted to know.

Brian, if you know of good monitoring software particularly for measuring database hits, automated logins and anything that could slow down a LAMP server over time, please let me know.