Author Topic: Adventures with a 10 Year Old Desktop Trilogy - Book Three  (Read 2358 times)

Offline ssfc72

• Posting Member
Re: Adventures with a 10 Year Old Desktop Trilogy - Book Three
« Reply #15 on: March 22, 2020, 04:04:20 am »
I sort of expected to see the Tux Racer game, to be displayed on the monitor/hdTV. :-)

I had to log in, to view the attachment.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2020, 04:49:02 am by ssfc72 »
Mint 18.3 on an HP Pavilion X360, 11" k120ca notebook
Tried Mint 19, but too many bugs. Went back to Mint 18.3
Cellphone ZTE Axon 7 Mini, PCMobile pay as you go

Offline Jason Wallwork

• President
  • Administrator
« Reply #16 on: March 22, 2020, 11:01:40 am »
Me, too. Btw, was it used for home entertainment as in movies, tv or music?
"With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world." - Max Ehrmann, Desiderata

Offline buster

• Posting Member
« Reply #17 on: March 22, 2020, 11:59:13 am »
". Btw, was it used for home entertainment as in movies, tv or music?"

It has multiple uses.

- can stream movies from anywhere on my home network or the 128 gig storage on the Bell modem
-can boot quickly into virtual Mint (and maybe play TuxRacer  :) )
-can wander the Internet with a wired-in connection
-can do email
- has a remote keyboard and mouse, so I can sit on our reclining couch and use it as an ordinary computer

and with the press of a button, we can go back to regular TV watching

'Can' is wrong of course. 'Used to be able to' is now more appropriate. (Sob, sob.)
"With all due respect John I am head of IT and I have it on good authority if you type 'Google' into Google you can break the internet, so please no one try it, even for a joke." ( Jen on 'The IT Crowd' )

Offline ssfc72

• Posting Member
« Reply #18 on: September 05, 2020, 07:17:55 am »
Yes, very strange Buster, that your first 4 posts are now blank with no text.  Yet if I click on the modify icon, the original text of the posts does show up, with the addition of numerous symbols spread throughout the post.

Offline Jason Wallwork

• President
  • Administrator
« Reply #19 on: September 05, 2020, 07:52:53 am »
Yes, very strange Buster, that your first 4 posts are now blank with no text.  Yet if I click on the modify icon, the original text of the posts does show up, with the addition of numerous symbols spread throughout the post.

I thought Buster was referring to the original 'Adventures... series' but I see the same issue is here, too. I fixed the issue by 'modifying' his post and then submitting it. At least I hope others can see, too. Btw, how you can choose to modify his posts, Bill? Or do you mean when you modify your own post it shows up?
"With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world." - Max Ehrmann, Desiderata

Offline ssfc72

• Posting Member
« Reply #20 on: September 05, 2020, 04:07:52 pm »
When I log in to the Forums and view the messages in this Thread, on the right hand Heading there are icons for Quote, Modify, Remove etc., on every posting.
When I clicked on Modify, on Buster's first posting message (which strangely was missing all his original text,  then Buster's text was now showing.

I see Buster's first message post has now been fixed and it is now showing his text, without having to click on the Modify icon.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2020, 04:13:18 pm by ssfc72 »

Offline buster

• Posting Member
« Reply #21 on: September 05, 2020, 04:50:18 pm »
Yes Bill, but when I look at it, there are question marks all over it. Jason fixed some of it. Interesting as well that you can modify it. That shouldn't happen.
"With all due respect John I am head of IT and I have it on good authority if you type 'Google' into Google you can break the internet, so please no one try it, even for a joke." ( Jen on 'The IT Crowd' )

Offline Jason Wallwork

• President
  • Administrator
« Reply #22 on: September 05, 2020, 05:53:46 pm »
Yes Bill, but when I look at it, there are question marks all over it. Jason fixed some of it. Interesting as well that you can modify it. That shouldn't happen.

You'll have to fix that. I did it on your other topic. It's up to you, now, since I pointed out on another topic of yours that I fixed that it's not difficult to remove the symbols.

I found out why Bill could modify your post. I forgot that I have Bill setup as an administrator of the Forum. Just in case something should happen to me, Bill can take over.