• Welcome to Peterborough Linux User Group (Canada) Forum.

Very good audio book - The Clocks (Hercule Poirot) by Agatha Christie

Started by ssfc72, September 20, 2024, 08:36:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ssfc72

A very good 7 hour audio book featuring the fictional retired detective, Hercule Poirot.

A secretary for hire is given a job to go to a blind woman's house for some typing work. She enters the house and finds a man dead, with 4 clocks on a table, all stopped at 4:15.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SCcnf6k2xtE
Mint 20.3 on a Dell 14" Inspiron notebook, HP Pavilion X360, 11" k120ca notebook (Linux Lubuntu), Dell 13" XPS notebook computer (MXLinux)
Cellphone Samsung A50, Koodo pre paid service

Jason

Sounds good, Bill. :D See what I did there? I find it hard to listen to audiobooks. Ironically, I suppose, I lose focus. The same happens with reading, but it requires less energy to concentrate than audiobooks.

I think it's related to ADHD. The focus issue overall certainly is, but I'm not sure if it's easier to read than listen to audio for most people with ADHD.

Nora's been listening to old mysteries on CBC from YouTube. And I do like podcasts occasionally; they're usually related to science.
* Zorin OS 17.1 Core and Windows 11 Pro on a Dell Precision 3630 Tower with an
i5-8600 3.1 GHz 6-core processor, dual 22" displays, 16 GB of RAM, 512 GB Nvme and a Geforce 1060 6 GB card
* Motorola Edge (2022) phone with Android 13