Author Topic: Arch Linux Install Walkthrough (YouTube)  (Read 34 times)

Online Jason Wallwork

• President
  • Administrator
Arch Linux Install Walkthrough (YouTube)
« on: September 12, 2020, 07:54:22 pm »
Remember back when I did that presentation on setting up a basic Arch system? I could have just played this 45-minute long YouTube video and sat back down.  ;)

So if you need a reminder of the basic steps, there you go. The only part that's missing is installing a GUI login manager and a DE (Desktop Environment) like LXDE, which is the example I used.
"With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world." - Max Ehrmann, Desiderata

Offline fox

• Posting Member
Re: Arch Linux Install Walkthrough (YouTube)
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2020, 08:46:53 pm »
Your presentation on ARch was great. I followed the steps and successfully installed Arch. Worked very well.
Ubuntu 20.04 and Linux Mint Cinnamon on 2015 5k iMac
Ubuntu 20.04 and 18.04 on Dell XPS 13 2 in 1

Online Jason Wallwork

• President
  • Administrator
Re: Arch Linux Install Walkthrough (YouTube)
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2020, 11:34:02 pm »
Thanks. This presenter did a remarkable job, too, pretty much making the same choices that I did.

I remember the Arch wiki on Installation being quite complicated going into all the different choices you could make like what bootloader to use, when you used the older system v boot system or systems, etc. So I just made a bunch of common choices to make it easier. Looking at the wiki now, it looks like they've clarified the instructions so it's simpler now.
"With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world." - Max Ehrmann, Desiderata