Author Topic: Toshiba brand laptops, no longer being produced.  (Read 330 times)

Offline ssfc72

• Posting Member
Toshiba brand laptops, no longer being produced.
« on: August 10, 2020, 08:37:07 am »
Toshiba has exited the laptop business.
https://www.bbc.com/news/technology-53721016
Mint 19.1 on a Dell 14" Inspiron notebook, HP Pavilion X360, 11" k120ca notebook (Linux Lubuntu), Dell 13" XPS notebook computer (MX Linux)
Cellphone ZTE Axon 7 Mini, PCMobile pay as you go

Offline Jason Wallwork

• President
  • Administrator
Re: Toshiba brand laptops, no longer being produced.
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2020, 10:34:29 am »
I seem to recall that they used to make hard drives, too, of the HDD variety. Not sure if they've done that for years, however. The thin notebook I bought from Fox is a Toshiba. I didn't know they've been having a tough time with their PC/laptop business.
"With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world." - Max Ehrmann, Desiderata

Offline kalabaster

• Non Denominational O/S Maven
Re: Toshiba brand laptops, no longer being produced.
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2020, 06:03:56 pm »
I believe that LG has also exited the global laptop business. I know of some one " stuck " with one. ASUS being the gigantic manufacturer that it is, pretty much killed off all the lesser competition when they entered with their " gaming " series of laptops, mainboards and tablets. Volume is king and Toshiba could not cut the mustard so to speak. R.I.P. k.
Dell Latitude 2120 Mint 20| ASUS ROG Crosshair AMD PCLinux | Dell XPS M1330 Mint 19 | FoxConn Netbook Atom D525 deepin 15/4 | ACER Aspire V3-551 Knoppix 8.0