• Welcome to Peterborough Linux User Group (Canada) Forum.

Arch Linux Install Walkthrough (YouTube)

Started by Jason, September 12, 2020, 07:54:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jason

Remember back when I did that presentation on setting up a basic Arch system? I could have just played this 45-minute long YouTube video and sat back down.  ;)

So if you need a reminder of the basic steps, there you go. The only part that's missing is installing a GUI login manager and a DE (Desktop Environment) like LXDE, which is the example I used.
* Zorin OS 17.1 Core and Windows 11 Pro on a Dell Precision 3630 Tower with an
i5-8600 3.1 GHz 6-core processor, dual 22" displays, 16 GB of RAM, 512 GB Nvme and a Geforce 1060 6 GB card
* Motorola Edge (2022) phone with Android 13

fox

Your presentation on ARch was great. I followed the steps and successfully installed Arch. Worked very well.
Ubuntu 23.10 on 2019 5k iMac
Ubuntu 22.04 on Dell XPS 13

Jason

Thanks. This presenter did a remarkable job, too, pretty much making the same choices that I did.

I remember the Arch wiki on Installation being quite complicated going into all the different choices you could make like what bootloader to use, when you used the older system v boot system or systems, etc. So I just made a bunch of common choices to make it easier. Looking at the wiki now, it looks like they've clarified the instructions so it's simpler now.
* Zorin OS 17.1 Core and Windows 11 Pro on a Dell Precision 3630 Tower with an
i5-8600 3.1 GHz 6-core processor, dual 22" displays, 16 GB of RAM, 512 GB Nvme and a Geforce 1060 6 GB card
* Motorola Edge (2022) phone with Android 13