Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Linux Applications & Android apps / Firefox Total Cookie Protection
« Last post by Jason on Today at 04:01:19 pm »
Here's a new feature of Firefox. I doubt it'll convert users from Chrome but it might be a good reason for non-Chrome users to try Firefox again. I'm hoping it spreads to other browsers.

https://www.digitaltrends.com/computing/mozilla-firefox-rolls-out-total-cookie-protection-to-all-users/
General Discussion / Re: Amateur Radio Field Day Contest, this weekend
« Last post by Jason on Today at 04:00:08 pm »
So how did the contest go? Who won and how many contacts did they make?
« Last post by ssfc72 on Today at 06:42:18 am »
Not sure if I remember correctly but I think the guy was a young adult.
« Last post by Jason on Today at 04:32:31 am »
"living with him mom" <- I love that part! Do you know if he was underage or not? I can see why that'd be a problem.
Politics & Society / Re: Happy Canada Day
« Last post by Jason on Today at 04:31:34 am »
Happy two days after Canada Day! Pre-Happy Independence Day to Fox!
General Discussion / Re: A SUDDEN INCREASE IN NOCTILUCENT CLOUDS
« Last post by Jason on Today at 04:30:56 am »
Interesting. I'll have to go out some evening and take a look. Maybe try taking a picture with my phone and see what it looks like.
General Discussion / A SUDDEN INCREASE IN NOCTILUCENT CLOUDS
« Last post by ssfc72 on Yesterday at 07:41:15 am »
Here are a couple of Links about these clouds, that are extremely high (in the Mesosphere) and rare to see, at night time.

https://www.techtimes.com/articles/277405/20220630/ice-crystals-sky-electric-clouds-light-up-north-take-photo.htm
This article gives some tips about using your phone to take pictures.

https://spaceweather.com/
This site has good information about when the NCL's are currently visible. They only happen once in awhile.
Scroll down the page to see an excellent photo of what they look like.
You probably will need to be at a dark location, in the country side or camping.
Politics & Society / Re: Happy Canada Day
« Last post by fox on July 01, 2022, 11:46:12 am »
Yes, Happy Canada Day everyone!
Politics & Society / Happy Canada Day
« Last post by ssfc72 on July 01, 2022, 06:48:25 am »
Happy Canada Day everyone!  I hope everyone has a nice day
« Last post by ssfc72 on July 01, 2022, 06:44:46 am »
Apparently there was actually someone in Peterborough, in the 1980's or 1990's that was unlicenced and was using some Amateur radio transceivers to interfere with communications on the Amateur radio bands and other commercial/business radio frequencies.
The local Amateur radio guys were able to track him down and identify him.  He apparently was living with his mom and the authorities went in and took his radio gear away.  I would imagine there would have been some legal action taken, as well.

"I think", Bill says, and then quickly adds, "not that I'd know anything about that personally". :) I'd be curious, just what you'd have to do to have the Feds swoop in with their black copters and take away your equipment. I imagine just the possibility keeps everyone on good behaviour, though. From what I understand, it's not that cheap.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10