• Welcome to Peterborough Linux User Group (Canada) Forum.

Plug Mug

Started by BrianP, July 10, 2023, 10:22:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BrianP

Anyone interested in a meetup ?

Jason

Possibly. Did you have a day/time in mind? And place? We can see how many are interested here or I can send out an email blast.
* Zorin OS 17.1 Core and Windows 11 Pro on a Dell Precision 3630 Tower with an
i5-8600 3.1 GHz 6-core processor, dual 22" displays, 16 GB of RAM, 512 GB Nvme and a Geforce 1060 6 GB card
* Motorola Edge (2022) phone with Android 13

ssfc72

I would like to go to a PLUG Mug.  We could meet inside the Tim Hortons on the Monaghan road plaza this Thursday at 2 pm?

Forecast shows rain that day but we would be inside.
Mint 20.3 on a Dell 14" Inspiron notebook, HP Pavilion X360, 11" k120ca notebook (Linux Lubuntu), Dell 13" XPS notebook computer (MXLinux)
Cellphone Samsung A50, Koodo pre paid service

fox

I would be interested, and I am presently free on Thursday afternoon.
Ubuntu 23.10 on 2019 5k iMac
Ubuntu 22.04 on Dell XPS 13

BrianP

Thursday July13 at 2 is good for me!

Paul Kneeland

Hi Folks:

Long time since I checked in. Glad to see my login still works. Is this typically the time and place where you have meet-ups? Do you still have monthly meetings?

Paul

ssfc72

Hi Paul, nice to hear from you.

We don't have a typical time/day or place for a PLUG Mug meetup, anymore.  A meetup occurs when one of us gets around to posting on the Forums, about possibly, having a meetup.

We no longer have monthly meetings, since COVID kept the retirement residence meeting room closed to the public. I don't think we have enough PLUG members to be able to pay for a monthly meeting room.

regards

Bill
Mint 20.3 on a Dell 14" Inspiron notebook, HP Pavilion X360, 11" k120ca notebook (Linux Lubuntu), Dell 13" XPS notebook computer (MXLinux)

fox

So are we on for tomorrow?
Ubuntu 23.10 on 2019 5k iMac
Ubuntu 22.04 on Dell XPS 13

Paul Kneeland

Thanks for the Information.

Laurie and I will aim to be there at 2:00 PM on Thursday.

Paul

ssfc72

Ok, looks like there will be 5 people for the PLUG Mug meetup.

See you at the Tim Hortons on Monaghan at 2 pm tomorrow (Thursday). :-)   I will be bringing my 13" Dell XPS notebook computer.

BrianP

buster

"Laurie and I will aim to be there at 2:00 PM on Thursday."

Sorry I'll miss you Paul, but Marilyn and I have appointments that will take us into the afternoon. And then after that I have to rake two neighbours lawns - they're littered with Mint system backups.

Don't worry it's not a serious problem. I put them in one of our compost bins and in this warm weather they shrink down quickly.
Growing up from childhood and becoming an adult is highly overrated.

Jason

No guarantees as my wife has medical needs so I sometimes have to cancel plans but I'll try to get there. I think Lansdowne Place would be less crowded but I'll see what it's like tomorrow (Thursday). I'm still trying to avoid crowded places especially those where I won't be wearing a mask.
* Zorin OS 17.1 Core and Windows 11 Pro on a Dell Precision 3630 Tower with an
i5-8600 3.1 GHz 6-core processor, dual 22" displays, 16 GB of RAM, 512 GB Nvme and a Geforce 1060 6 GB card
* Motorola Edge (2022) phone with Android 13

ssfc72

I am inside Tim Hortons, now.

buster

"I am inside Tim Hortons, now."

If you get this soon enough say hi to everyone. Just got home.
Growing up from childhood and becoming an adult is highly overrated.