• Welcome to Peterborough Linux User Group (Canada) Forum.

PLUG virtual meeting tomorrow night - Wednesday, July 22 at 7:00 pm/7:30 pm

Started by Jason, July 21, 2020, 11:36:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jason

We'll be having a presentation tomorrow night beginning at 7:00 pm sharp on using terminal commands. The meeting will use Jitsi. No download is necessary unless you're not using a computer to access it (see below).

I'll be muting the microphone during the presentation and leave some time for questions at the end. You can also chat with each other privately or publicly in the text box.

If you're not interested in the topic, come at 7:30 pm instead.

Make sure the sound settings aren't blocked in your browser. You can also phone in or use a device with or without video. There is an app for Android phones since the browser on it is unlikely to work. For Apple devices, you'll have to find it yourself.

I will email the meeting login info at least 30 minutes to our list. If you're not on it and would like to get notices of meetings, message or email me. If you'd like to get off the list, do the same.

Hope to see you there!
* Zorin OS 17.1 Core and Windows 11 Pro on a Dell Precision 3630 Tower with an
i5-8600 3.1 GHz 6-core processor, dual 22" displays, 16 GB of RAM, 512 GB Nvme and a Geforce 1060 6 GB card
* Motorola Edge (2022) phone with Android 13

buster

"using terminal commands"

I remember doing that back in the nineties.  :)
Growing up from childhood and becoming an adult is highly overrated.

ssfc72

Mint 20.3 on a Dell 14" Inspiron notebook, HP Pavilion X360, 11" k120ca notebook (Linux Lubuntu), Dell 13" XPS notebook computer (MXLinux)
Cellphone Samsung A50, Koodo pre paid service

Jason

Quote from: buster on July 21, 2020, 12:41:36 PM
"using terminal commands"

I remember doing that back in the nineties.  :)

I'm pretty sure you mentioned using them a few weeks ago for something. But the topic is also why I mentioned that members could come later if they wished.
i5-8600 3.1 GHz 6-core processor, dual 22" displays, 16 GB of RAM, 512 GB Nvme and a Geforce 1060 6 GB card

Hugh Crawford

Thank you Jason:
The terminal commands were interesting and valuable. I got quite a bit from your presentation. I was able to hear the complete session, just not able to talk. I managed to type into the chat to communicate once or twice. If I had dialed in from my landline phone i could have talked, but I was late signing in, and it was easier just to listen. Again, Thanks!

Jason

Quote from: Hugh Crawford on July 22, 2020, 09:25:54 PM
Thank you Jason:
The terminal commands were interesting and valuable. I got quite a bit from your presentation. I was able to hear the complete session, just not able to talk. I managed to type into the chat to communicate once or twice. If I had dialed in from my landline phone i could have talked, but I was late signing in, and it was easier just to listen. Again, Thanks!

Glad to have you, Hugh even if we could have preferred to hear you. And I'm happy that you got something out of it. :)