• Welcome to Peterborough Linux User Group (Canada) Forum.

ZTE mobile phone -very good support!

Started by ssfc72, November 03, 2019, 10:16:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ssfc72

So, my ZTE Axon 7 mini phone started to have battery issues, when the battery would barely last a day.  I use my phone very lightly and the phone used to go for about 3 days before needing to be charged.
I did a Google search for the issue and it turns out this model of the ZTE phone appears to have a battery problem, with other people reporting the same issue.
I checked my phone manual and it fortunately shows a 2 year warranty. My warranty was good until January 2020.

I was able to contact ZTE and they put me in touch with their 3rd party service business.  I had to pay them $35 up front and they emailed me the pre paid shipping label and RMA. If they determined that the problem was covered under warranty, then I would get my $35 back, otherwise the $35 would go towards the repair cost.

I was shipped a brand new ZTE Axon 7 mini phone and they have paid back my $35 to my PayPal account. :-)
Mint 20.3 on a Dell 14" Inspiron notebook, HP Pavilion X360, 11" k120ca notebook (Linux Lubuntu), Dell 13" XPS notebook computer (MXLinux)
Cellphone Samsung A50, Koodo pre paid service

fox

That is good service! I wonder if they're not trying very hard to please customers in light of the partial U.S. embargo on Chinese tech goods. ZTE was originally on Trump's bad list, but they eventually took it off.
Ubuntu 23.10 on 2019 5k iMac
Ubuntu 22.04 on Dell XPS 13

Jason

So it's just Huawei that is on Trump's bad list? I thought it was both - don't they come from the same company?

I'm surprised ZTE didn't contact you to let you know your phone wasn't working properly, or the NSA :) I guess they'd blow their cover!
* Zorin OS 17.1 Core and Windows 11 Pro on a Dell Precision 3630 Tower with an
i5-8600 3.1 GHz 6-core processor, dual 22" displays, 16 GB of RAM, 512 GB Nvme and a Geforce 1060 6 GB card
* Motorola Edge (2022) phone with Android 13

ssfc72

An update to my new replacement ZTE axon 7 mini cellphone that ZTE sent me to replace my original axon mini.
The issue I had was with the battery no longer having enough of a charge for the phone to last more than 1 day.  The battery used to provide enough charge to last around 3 days.

The new zte axon mini is now got the same problem.  The battery charge barely lasts for a day.
This new phone only lasted for about a couple of months.

My warranty is still valid until the new year so I will ask ZTE for another Return number to get it repaired,  again.  :-(
Mint 20.3 on a Dell 14" Inspiron notebook, HP Pavilion X360, 11" k120ca notebook (Linux Lubuntu), Dell 13" XPS notebook computer (MXLinux)

Jason

It sucks that you're having so much trouble with your phone.

Sounds like they sent you a used battery or at least one that has been sitting on the shelf much too long. Unless, have you looked into your battery use on the phone to see if there are any apps that are sucking away your battery juice? Try force quitting the top app or two and see if it makes any difference.

At this point, it'd be nice if they just gave you a new phone which presumably would have a factory fresh battery or a replacement phone around the same price.
* Zorin OS 17.1 Core and Windows 11 Pro on a Dell Precision 3630 Tower with an
i5-8600 3.1 GHz 6-core processor, dual 22" displays, 16 GB of RAM, 512 GB Nvme and a Geforce 1060 6 GB card
* Motorola Edge (2022) phone with Android 13

fox

My thought was the same as Jason’s. They didn’t give you a new phone. Bummer. But you can try again.
Ubuntu 23.10 on 2019 5k iMac
Ubuntu 22.04 on Dell XPS 13

ssfc72

Yes, I looked at the battery menu and there are no apps that are showing any large use of power. Only the Android system is showing the most use of power.
The phone had to be a new one because it was in pristine condition.