• Welcome to Peterborough Linux User Group (Canada) Forum.

Bothered by being notified of posts in 'Testing Grounds' board?

Started by Jason, June 03, 2020, 09:23:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jason

I've been making quite a few posts here and they are probably annoying you if you have notifications set to every board (the default).

Look to the upper right of the list of topics in the 'Testing Grounds' board and you'll see a bunch of buttons. Click the UNNOTIFY one. If you're already chosen not to be notified, this button will say NOTIFY. You can do the same for any board. It would have been nice to set this option universally but I haven't found an option to do so.
* Zorin OS 17.1 Core and Windows 11 Pro on a Dell Precision 3630 Tower with an
i5-8600 3.1 GHz 6-core processor, dual 22" displays, 16 GB of RAM, 512 GB Nvme and a Geforce 1060 6 GB card
* Motorola Edge (2022) phone with Android 13

buster

Growing up from childhood and becoming an adult is highly overrated.

Jason

Quote from: buster on June 04, 2020, 06:31:01 PM
What notice? ??? ???

If you're not getting them, then you don't need to worry. If you want to get notifications, click on the boards you're interested in. The board should say NOTIFY on the button instead of UNNOTIFY. Click it to toggle it. I thought this was the default but maybe not.

Under Profile -> Account Settings -> Modify Profile -> Notification, you can choose the type of notifications you want to receive and how often. I should win some kind of award for typing all that out. :)
* Zorin OS 17.1 Core and Windows 11 Pro on a Dell Precision 3630 Tower with an
i5-8600 3.1 GHz 6-core processor, dual 22" displays, 16 GB of RAM, 512 GB Nvme and a Geforce 1060 6 GB card
* Motorola Edge (2022) phone with Android 13