• Welcome to Peterborough Linux User Group (Canada) Forum.

Website Maintenance: Tuesday, June 2 @ 5 pm

Started by Jason, June 01, 2020, 11:21:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jason

This posting delay is very annoying and I'm sorry about that. I will be working on another approach to fixing it tomorrow that will involve reinstalling the entire forum. I have other approaches in mind, but this is the easiest so I'll try it next. The forum will disappear entirely during this time and I'm going to say the time frame it will be unavailable to be 3 hours but I expect it will take much less time. If I have enough time, I may take the next approach. Best to just come back in the evening.

Do note that while there is a long pause before you're put back to the previous screen, in every case that I've checked for myself, the post has already gone through. I discovered that by opening another browser tab and checking the appropriate thread. So don't feel like you have to hang around until it is posted, it likely has. But if you're unsure, do what I did.
* Zorin OS 17.1 Core and Windows 11 Pro on a Dell Precision 3630 Tower with an
i5-8600 3.1 GHz 6-core processor, dual 22" displays, 16 GB of RAM, 512 GB Nvme and a Geforce 1060 6 GB card
* Motorola Edge (2022) phone with Android 13

Jason

Server maintenance has been pushed today to 5 pm.
i5-8600 3.1 GHz 6-core processor, dual 22" displays, 16 GB of RAM, 512 GB Nvme and a Geforce 1060 6 GB card

Jason

If you wonder what happened to certain posts you saw only a few minutes ago or a couple of hours ago, it's not your imagination.

Problems with sending messages were already reported to be slow, so I rolled back the server to the state before the forum software re-installation. Any posts since around 7 pm will have to re-posted. Sorry.

Two hours down the drain. I'll have consider how another approach. No idea when.  >:( >:( >:(