• Welcome to Peterborough Linux User Group (Canada) Forum.

Recent posts

Security and Privacy / Secure email services video, t...
Last post by ssfc72 - July 06, 2024, 07:06:21 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=72eG84gGR0s

If you are concerned about what Google is using the information in your emails sent, using the free Gmail service, then this YouTube video may be of interest.

These secure email services do charge a monthly fee. The Proton email service does have a free email service but it is limited to 1 G of email storage.
General Discussion / Re: Happy Canada Day, everyone...
Last post by Jason - July 05, 2024, 03:32:52 PM
A bit late reaction but thanks for the best wishes, Bill.
General Discussion / Re: How do you sharpen lawn mo...
Last post by ssfc72 - July 03, 2024, 08:41:03 AM
Oh, ok I know the style of flap disc you are using, now. The flap disc doesn't have a shaft, but a hole to mount on an angle grinder. :-)
Last post by William - July 03, 2024, 01:37:10 AM
This $5 flap disc is for angle grinder.  It's cheap, so only the edge makes contact.  More expensive ones have slightly angled sand paper, so you can make more contact.  I guess, I could use sand paper bit for die grinder, if I can find one.

Last post by ssfc72 - July 02, 2024, 08:20:32 AM
Thanks for the update William.

Do you use an electric hand drill with the flap disc?
Last post by William - July 02, 2024, 12:18:35 AM
Quote from: William on June 10, 2024, 09:47:13 PMI bought "flap disc" from Dollar store and will let you know how it goes soon.  Sometimes, you can find pretty good deals at Dollar stores!
I mowed the lawn today, and used this flap disc to sharpen the blade.  Yes, "flap disc" is the best way.
General Discussion / Happy Canada Day, everyone!
Last post by ssfc72 - July 01, 2024, 08:12:58 AM
I hope everyone has a great Canada Day.  The weather looks to be very nice for today.
Distributions / Re: EasyOS 6.0 Distro has been...
Last post by ssfc72 - June 26, 2024, 05:27:34 PM
Hi Fox. :-)   Yes, running the EasyOS from the usb drive is very snappy/quick in it's responses to mouse clicks.
The Distro has quite a selection of programs already installed. Firefox browser, LibreOffice word processor, etc.

I am running EasyOS from a usb drive on my notebook computer which is using a wireless keyboard and mouse and the hdmi on the notebook is hooked into a 22" monitor. All of which EasyOS was able to detect.
Articles, Tutorials and Tips / Re: 50 Essential Linux Command...
Last post by fox - June 26, 2024, 01:39:13 PM
Thanks, Jason; it looks useful.