Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Looking forward to it. I'll put it on my calendar this time.
Yes, there was Fox, Buster and myself so we had a very nice meetup. I will try for another in person meetup in a couple of weeks.

I will probably do a Jitsi video meetup for next week.
Meetings / Re: Plug Mug Monday 7 pm, July 26, PetSmart parking lot, Monaghan rd.
« Last post by Jason on Yesterday at 02:13:11 am »
Sorry I missed it, guys. I was seeing my brother that day and I guess with so much on my mind, I just forgot it was that day. I hope that you still managed the 3 minimum that you prefer, Bill. If not, I'm extra sorry.
Meetings / Re: Plug Mug Monday 7 pm, July 26, PetSmart parking lot, Monaghan rd.
« Last post by buster on July 28, 2021, 05:21:42 pm »
Harry will be there unless hit by a meteor.

And checking, tonite @7, same spot?
« Last post by ssfc72 on July 28, 2021, 08:34:56 am »
Ok Fox, I will be there at 7 pm.  I hopefully will be driving my motorbike.  See you this evening.
« Last post by fox on July 28, 2021, 08:01:10 am »
So are we having it? I will be able to join if we do.
Linux Applications & Android apps / Re: Google chat
« Last post by Jason on July 26, 2021, 08:02:11 pm »
I don't normally turn data off when I'm out, but perhaps I didn't give Signal permission to use data?

That's certainly possible. There's also the Data Saver option which might prevent Signal from checking for messages until you open it. I usually have this running as I only have 250 MB/month of full-speed data. But I disable it for those apps I want to sync like Signal and the Weather app. I doubt Signal uses much data unless you or the recipient are sending mms messages.
« Last post by fox on July 26, 2021, 05:52:48 pm »
I don't normally turn data off when I'm out, but perhaps I didn't give Signal permission to use data?
« Last post by fox on July 26, 2021, 05:51:20 pm »
I would come if I don't go out of town that day. 50-50.
« Last post by Jason on July 26, 2021, 03:34:18 pm »
I wonder if the notifications issue was due to it receiving Signal texts only over Wifi or data. If you normally have data off when you're out, you wouldn't have seen the messages until you got to a Wifi connection. Regular messages should still go through.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10