• Welcome to Peterborough Linux User Group (Canada) Forum.

LibreOffice font problem in KDE Plasma

Started by Jason, December 14, 2019, 02:39:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jason

If you install LibreOffice, or any LibreOffice component, e.g. Writer, in KDE Plasma, make sure you that you also install the package called LibreOffice Base - LibreOffice KDE Integration (in Discover). Don't confuse it with the LibreOffice Base package, that's the database component of LibreOffice.

This will fix an issue with the font in the menu being so small that you can't see it with resolutions 1920x1080 or above, this should fix it. The font size can now be adjusted by the Settings in Plasma.

Note that I just figured this out.
* Zorin OS 17.1 Core and Windows 11 Pro on a Dell Precision 3630 Tower with an
i5-8600 3.1 GHz 6-core processor, dual 22" displays, 16 GB of RAM, 512 GB Nvme and a Geforce 1060 6 GB card
* Motorola Edge (2022) phone with Android 13

fox

This doesn't seem to be a problem in either Ubuntu Gnome or Linux Mint Cinnamon with just what came with the default installation of these distros.
Ubuntu 23.10 on 2019 5k iMac
Ubuntu 22.04 on Dell XPS 13

Jason

Quote from: fox on December 14, 2019, 03:08:14 PM
This doesn't seem to be a problem in either Ubuntu Gnome or Linux Mint Cinnamon with just what came with the default installation of these distros.

I would hazard to guess that those other desktops either use a a similar package but for Gnome that makes the font size the same as that in the desktop defaults. When I reinstalled Kubuntu recently, I chose the basic install which doesn't include LibreOffice which is why the package probably wasn't installed when I just chose LibreOffice in Discover. I don't believe I had the issue when I installed Kubuntu previously with the full install including LibreOffice..
* Zorin OS 17.1 Core and Windows 11 Pro on a Dell Precision 3630 Tower with an
i5-8600 3.1 GHz 6-core processor, dual 22" displays, 16 GB of RAM, 512 GB Nvme and a Geforce 1060 6 GB card
* Motorola Edge (2022) phone with Android 13