• Welcome to Peterborough Linux User Group (Canada) Forum.

Health Canada - Epidemiological Curve of COVID-19

Started by Jason, June 01, 2020, 01:19:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jason

I don't know how many have checked this out but Health Canada has some interesting info in regards to the disease. Looking at the Health Canada website about COVID-19 under Symptoms and severity section about symptoms and the second-highest symptom reported might surprise you:

QuoteCommonly reported symptoms among reported cases include cough (71%), headaches (46%), and fever and chills (42%).

I get headaches on a fairly regular basis from muscle tension that likely comes from anxiety, usually at least 1 a week and I have had one today and yesterday. It's happened before like this. In other words, it's not unusual for me.

The Ontario assessment takes that into account in that it asks if the "Headache that’s unusual or long-lasting" so I answer 'no' to this and it's the only symptom I have and other health conditions or being older. The result says I should just continue doing what has been recommended for everyone. However, the Canadian government has its own assessment via an app and it just asks if you have a headache. Based on that and only that says I should self-isolate.

I'm going to contact Peterborough Public Health for clarification. I may get tested regardless of what they say because it will be really difficult to self-isolate this time as my brother needs my help (he has a disability that makes him a total shut-in). I get groceries and other things for him. It'd be nice if the two governments would be more in sync. I plan to make Peterborough Public Health aware of this.

* Zorin OS 17.1 Core and Windows 11 Pro on a Dell Precision 3630 Tower with an
i5-8600 3.1 GHz 6-core processor, dual 22" displays, 16 GB of RAM, 512 GB Nvme and a Geforce 1060 6 GB card
* Motorola Edge (2022) phone with Android 13