• Welcome to Peterborough Linux User Group (Canada) Forum.

1182 views of posting by Buster of the James Bond Movie

Started by ssfc72, February 08, 2023, 08:27:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ssfc72

Way to go Buster. Since last March, your posting has had 1182 views.

How about a review of the movie, A Man Called Otto, staring Tom Hanks?
Mint 20.3 on a Dell 14" Inspiron notebook, HP Pavilion X360, 11" k120ca notebook (Linux Lubuntu), Dell 13" XPS notebook computer (MXLinux)
Cellphone Samsung A50, Koodo pre paid service

buster

"How about a review of the movie, A Man Called Otto, staring Tom Hanks?"

I have a strict policy of never watching any Tom Hanks movies since 'You've Got Mail', which I liked.
Growing up from childhood and becoming an adult is highly overrated.

ssfc72

Your wife would probably enjoy watching the movie. :-) :-)
Mint 20.3 on a Dell 14" Inspiron notebook, HP Pavilion X360, 11" k120ca notebook (Linux Lubuntu), Dell 13" XPS notebook computer (MXLinux)
Cellphone Samsung A50, Koodo pre paid service

Jason

Quote from: buster on February 08, 2023, 07:24:43 PM
"How about a review of the movie, A Man Called Otto, staring Tom Hanks?"

I have a strict policy of never watching any Tom Hanks movies since 'You've Got Mail', which I liked.

That's sad. There are a lot of great Tom Hanks movies you're missing out on many of which have been nominated or won Oscars. I like Saving Private Ryan and Money Pit particularly. He's quite a dynamic actor transitioning between comedies and dramas. And from what I've heard, he's an all-around nice guy.

'"You've Got Mail", ironically, is one of his movies that I don't like. I felt that he was a manipulative bastard from the beginning. Pretending to be a stranger while being told about the guy destroying her business, ugh. I didn't like Passenger for a similar reason.

Interesting, Bill, I hadn't heard of "A Man Called Otto". I'll have to look into it. Thanks for the recommendation. Maybe I'll beat Buster to that review since he's decided to isolate himself by not watching Tom Hanks movies. :)
* Zorin OS 17.1 Core and Windows 11 Pro on a Dell Precision 3630 Tower with an
i5-8600 3.1 GHz 6-core processor, dual 22" displays, 16 GB of RAM, 512 GB Nvme and a Geforce 1060 6 GB card
* Motorola Edge (2022) phone with Android 13