Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Entertainment / WW2 Movie for Bill
« Last post by buster on Today at 11:46:37 am »
I must warn you Bill that the movie is in colour, so be prepared. See if you can acquire the newly made movie

Operation Mincemeat

Good reviews. Do a few searches.
Politics & Society / Re: Advance Voting opens today
« Last post by ssfc72 on Today at 05:34:13 am »
Yes, thanks Jason. I applied for the mail-in voting, after reading your post.
Politics & Society / Re: Advance Voting opens today
« Last post by William on May 20, 2022, 06:08:40 pm »
I didn't know you can vote by mail!
Can't recall, but I think you may be correct.

I don't know how I missed out on that one! Was it related to price-fixing?
Yes, I will wind up in a higher tax bracket. :-)

You will be so wealthy when all this is done!
I don't know how I missed out on that one! Was it related to price-fixing?
You will be so wealthy when all this is done!
I got an email from the Microsoft Class Action lawsuit the the $26 payment (by cheque) will probably be received by early summer. :-)
Politics & Society / Advance Voting opens today
« Last post by Jason on May 19, 2022, 12:00:49 pm »
Advance polls are open and apparently, they will be until May 28. That's pretty awesome. I always think it's best to vote in advance so if there are any problems, you have time to resolve them beforehand. Note that, just like with election day, you need to go to the voting poll assigned to you (which is usually a different location than on election day) OR go to the local returning office in your area to vote. You can do the latter any day during operating hours.

My wife and I will be voting by mail. We haven't received our kits yet but should soon. Then I can either drop them off or just bring them to the local returning office. You can apply to vote by mail up until May 27.

It's best not to leave thinking about voting until the last minute. Check to make sure you're on the voter's list. If you didn't get a card, you should definitely check and save yourself a possible phone call. But you can vote on election day even if you're not on the list. It just makes things more complicated, mostly for the poll clerk helping you.

More info here:

https://www.elections.on.ca/en.html
Distributions / Re: Multiple ISOs in single bootable USB stick
« Last post by Jason on May 18, 2022, 09:27:40 pm »
Cool way to try out different distros on different hardware. I remember way back, we were using YUMI for this.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10