• Welcome to Peterborough Linux User Group (Canada) Forum.

Linux Action News off the air

Started by fox, April 14, 2020, 11:59:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fox

Their last broadcast (here) was April 9. Apparently Joe Ressington, the co-host with Chris Fisher, was fired for cursing during a meeting with management. Chris decided he would therefore leave as well, and posted a 3-minute goodbye. I didn't follow this podcast regularly, but I listened to it often once the Linux Action Show went off the air. It was quite informative, but long and I was only interested in some of the items covered. However, I'm sorry to see it close.
Ubuntu 23.10 on 2019 5k iMac
Ubuntu 22.04 on Dell XPS 13

Jason

For cursing? Jesus Christ in a hand basket. Sounds stupid to me. I'm sure there was a lot more to it than that but they just needed a rationale but what a stupid one they picked. It's not a church.

It's also weird to me that they went to a podcast format when they used to show Linux distros in action, etc. I wonder if Jupiter Broadcasting was out to kill the show. But I suppose if it wasn't bringing in the revenue they needed (or just wanted) than an audio-only format is going to be cheaper to run.
* Zorin OS 17.1 Core and Windows 11 Pro on a Dell Precision 3630 Tower with an
i5-8600 3.1 GHz 6-core processor, dual 22" displays, 16 GB of RAM, 512 GB Nvme and a Geforce 1060 6 GB card
* Motorola Edge (2022) phone with Android 13