Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
If you act fast, now is your chance to invest in Bitcoin.

Elon Musk is down on Bitcoin and other digital currency and says that Tesla will no longer accept Bitcoin as payment for their cars (Musk is still fully invested in Bitcoin).

The price of Bitcoin has, as a result fallen 13%.    https://ca.finance.yahoo.com/news/bitcoin-sinks-after-elon-musk-says-tesla-will-not-accept-the-digital-coin-for-transactions-223139231.html

I fully expect Bitcoin will very shortly recover ( I wouldn't be surprised if Musk buys up more Bitcoin, with the drop in price).
Politics & Society / Re: Census Time in Canada
« Last post by fox on Yesterday at 07:31:01 am »
That would be the short form. And although they don't ask you a lot of questions, they ask enough that they can statistically infer a lot of the long form information from what you provided.
« Last post by ssfc72 on Yesterday at 04:57:32 am »
I got my paper Census in the mail yesterday.  I don't know if I got the short form or the long form Census.
I only had 13 questions to answer. About the only information that I needed to provide, other than my address and phone number, was that I only learned in English, at school.

Seems like a waste of government money/time, to acquire this minuscule amount of information.
General Discussion / Re: Important Date on the Calendar
« Last post by gmiller1977 on May 12, 2021, 09:28:50 pm »
James Doohan wouldn't even talk to him until his death and George Takei was pretty pissed with him, too. Shatner says in his book on his Star Trek experience that he didn't know cast members disliked him.

James Doohan wouldn't talk to Shatner "until his death"?  I wonder what they discussed AFTER Scotty died?  How did Scotty do it? Was Scotty stuck in the transporter buffer (again)?  Scotty was cool, but I didn't realize he was THAT cool.  What info are you privy to, Jason?

(Sorry, you're picking on my grammar, I figured I'd pick on yours.  LOL)

My Mom met Shatner in the 90s while she was a recptionist at a photo studio, and he was, apparently, a total dick (he was very upset at the brand of bottled water they brought in).  I know it's only one person, but, my Mom basically liked everyone, EXCEPT the Captain of the Enterprise.

I still like Star Trek, and so did she.
« Last post by gmiller1977 on May 12, 2021, 09:11:55 pm »
If you don't have internet, or choose not to have it for the point of the census, the government won't know.

« Last post by Jason on May 12, 2021, 02:16:50 pm »
If you don't want to *fill the census out online*, *don't* "they" won't know if you have internet or not.

I still find that hard to read but I'll take a shot at it. Are you saying "If you don't fill the census out online, won't they know if you have internet or not?" You had three negatives in your sentence so had trouble making head or tails of it. :)

In any case, I don't think anyone that's posted here is worried about the government knowing whether or not they have internet unless I missed something.
« Last post by Jason on May 12, 2021, 01:47:13 pm »
I like all of the Star Trek series and most of the movies even though some were pretty campy. ST: Enterprise is still my favourite. I was a fan of the original Battlestar Galactica and the newer darker version as well and Babylon Five which, like Star Wars, could have some really bad dialogue at times. But the concepts were great.

I didn't know that about ST: TOS, Buster. Isn't that the case with most actors though? That they get paid a set rate? I do know that much of the cast didn't like William Shatner because he'd take their scenes. James Doohan wouldn't even talk to him until his death and George Takei was pretty pissed with him, too. Shatner says in his book on his Star Trek experience that he didn't know cast members disliked him.
« Last post by buster on May 12, 2021, 07:58:26 am »
"Any Star Trek fans here?"

I am old enough that we started watching the series before it became well known. Heady days. Also many people don't realize that the actors in the original were paid for their work in the filming, salary or hourly, with no residuals as the popularity of the show grew. None of them made much money til the movies were made years later.
« Last post by ssfc72 on May 12, 2021, 06:05:48 am »
It used to have jail as a threat for not filling out the Census but now you would just wind up with a fine and possible criminal record.

I remember one guy in Canada many many years ago who made the news for not filling in his Census. I don't know what happened to him, because of that but he probably had to pay a fine.

Here is a good Readers Digest article about the Census.
https://www.readersdigest.ca/culture/canada-census-penalities/

I haven't yet received the Census paper copy, that I phoned for.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10