• Welcome to Peterborough Linux User Group (Canada) Forum.

Distro with many pre-installed DEs to choose from

Started by Jason, December 29, 2019, 01:19:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jason

I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this and I created this board!

But anyway, I'm looking for a distro that has many, or at least the major DE's to choose from with an install. I don't mean distros there you can install with 1 or 2 desktop environments included and then you can install others. I mean distros that already include multiple DE's. When they do this, they tend to be better about organizing the programs in the menu and avoid duplication as much as possible.

I'm thinking of putting Linux on my wife's machine to try and would like to give her the option to try a few different environments at the login point. I know PCLinuxOS does this but not sure about any others? I could look it up but I'd like to read about any personal experiences/reviews from the members.

Update: Apparently PCLinuxOS doesn't do this anymore either. Now I'm just hoping to find any. I might have to install one distro and then add other DEs and let her try it that way. Was hoping to find an easier way but searches haven't revealed anything thus far..
* Zorin OS 17.1 Core and Windows 11 Pro on a Dell Precision 3630 Tower with an
i5-8600 3.1 GHz 6-core processor, dual 22" displays, 16 GB of RAM, 512 GB Nvme and a Geforce 1060 6 GB card
* Motorola Edge (2022) phone with Android 13