• Welcome to Peterborough Linux User Group (Canada) Forum.

RIP Linux Voice

Started by fox, November 01, 2016, 12:56:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fox

"Hello Linux Voice Subscriber,
Issue 32 was the last issue of Linux Voice as a stand-alone magazine, as we have joined Linux Magazine. This newly merged magazine will bring the best bits of Linux Voice and Linux Magazine together into a single volume. All four of us Linux Voice founders will still be here contributing to the newly merged magazine - you'll find us in the aptly named Linux Voice section...."

Very unfortunate! Linux Voice was, in my opinion, the best Linux magazine by far. It had a good mix of "consumer" articles, reviews and how-to's, and I found most of the magazine worth reading. My digital subscription was transferred over to Linux Magazine, and I got my first issue last week. Very different; much more technical and much less general interest. I found only 2 or 3 of the articles to be of interest and in one of these, a review of office software, the version of LibreOffice that they reviewed was 5.0.x when 5.2.x is available. This despite the month of the issue being December 2016. Hopefully the upcoming issues will be more general interest but if not, I won't be renewing my subscription.
Ubuntu 23.10 on 2019 5k iMac
Ubuntu 22.04 on Dell XPS 13

ssfc72

I know your frustration, on the  magazine ending it's run.

I enjoyed buying a Canadian produced Astronomy calendar.  It was by far the best of the bunch and had some interesting astronomy fact for just about every day in each month. A lot of Canadian related facts.

I told a number of friends about the calendar and they all went and started to buy it each year.

Then a number of years ago, they just stopped  making the calendar!  :-(
Mint 20.3 on a Dell 14" Inspiron notebook, HP Pavilion X360, 11" k120ca notebook (Linux Lubuntu), Dell 13" XPS notebook computer (MXLinux)
Cellphone Samsung A50, Koodo pre paid service