• Welcome to Peterborough Linux User Group (Canada) Forum.

Pretty sure 'Adventures with an Old Computer' is Being Read

Started by buster, December 06, 2019, 05:49:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

buster

When I rearranged the General Discussion section on the forum according to views, I do understand that this includes spiders and mistaken clicks. But someone must be looking and I hope reading. Statistically, it doesn't make sense to say that the two most popular articles are story chapters 1 and 2, but this is only 'accidental' or spiders. And chapter 3 is at 17th spot as well, which is still pretty good.

I do hope people are reading them. I would like to say I put my heart and soul, and hours of sweat and tears into the creation, but you would all know that is a lie. But writing a narrative that readers enjoyed would be very satisfying.

So true or not, I'll accept that either there have been quite a few readers, or one person who has read it over and over again. Maybe Ms Dao, wherever she is right now.

Growing up from childhood and becoming an adult is highly overrated.

Jason

Yeah, I think initially somebody may have stumbled upon them but they stayed for the writing and to see if there was a budding romance in the works for Ms Dao.
* Zorin OS 17.1 Core and Windows 11 Pro on a Dell Precision 3630 Tower with an
i5-8600 3.1 GHz 6-core processor, dual 22" displays, 16 GB of RAM, 512 GB Nvme and a Geforce 1060 6 GB card
* Motorola Edge (2022) phone with Android 13

fox

I confess! I read each of the first two chapters 200 times  :)
Ubuntu 23.10 on 2019 5k iMac
Ubuntu 22.04 on Dell XPS 13

buster

The total hits for the 3 books is approaching 10,000, not counting 2 other postings that are connected to the the story, with over 2000 hits. Bizarre considering there is no other way to find the story except our site, at least from my Google searches. Hope there were many readers, but it might be otherwise.

Jason

* Zorin OS 17.1 Core and Windows 11 Pro on a Dell Precision 3630 Tower with an
i5-8600 3.1 GHz 6-core processor, dual 22" displays, 16 GB of RAM, 512 GB Nvme and a Geforce 1060 6 GB card
* Motorola Edge (2022) phone with Android 13

BusterE

Just noting again that the series of stories, which involves 5 threads, has reached together the unheard of lofty heights of almost 15 thousands 'hits'. (Probably I'm world famous and don't realize it. Big sigh! ) It would be nice to be read by this many people. But maybe there are a few real readers out there who appreciate a story about the sort of hobbyists we are. And actually read these. Good to think so.
BusterMan - Strong like Ox! Smart like elevator!

ssfc72

Maybe you could give an update on Mrs Dao and her son, on whether they have contracted the Coronavirus? :-)
Mint 20.3 on a Dell 14" Inspiron notebook, HP Pavilion X360, 11" k120ca notebook (Linux Lubuntu), Dell 13" XPS notebook computer (MXLinux)
Cellphone Samsung A50, Koodo pre paid service

buster

Ms Dao never went back to China, and has been teaching university students in Toronto how to speak Mandarin. Her son is working in Markham, near William I think.

Ms Dao was offended that ssfc72 wrote Mrs instead of Ms. She asked if he is 'very old fashioned'. I said yes, but he's still very nice. And he can be exceptionally pleasant with artsy people who like old black and white films.

She is going to try to get to one of our monthly meetings. I always encourage her, but she has a heavy work schedule.