• Welcome to Peterborough Linux User Group (Canada) Forum.

Nov 4 PLUG monthly meeting???

Started by ssfc72, October 29, 2019, 06:38:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ssfc72

Looks like Brian has not announced the upcoming PLUG monthly meeting, yet! 
I would assume the meeting room at our location on Lansdowne street is probably available for this coming Monday.

You guys can post here if you want to get togther for that evening, to see if there is enough interest.

I unfortunately, have another event to attend that evening, so I will be unable to make the Nov. meeting :-(

Bill     PLUG VP
Mint 20.3 on a Dell 14" Inspiron notebook, HP Pavilion X360, 11" k120ca notebook (Linux Lubuntu), Dell 13" XPS notebook computer (MXLinux)
Cellphone Samsung A50, Koodo pre paid service

fox

I would go if we have a meeting and a presentation.
Ubuntu 23.10 on 2019 5k iMac
Ubuntu 22.04 on Dell XPS 13

Jason

I kind of worry about people who might show up expecting there to be a meeting and there is none, especially those from out of town. So, I'd be willing to hang out at the Tim Horton's from 7 pm on if an announcement of a meeting isn't put out. I can only hope normal attendees will see this message or figure that we'll meet up at Timmy's afterwards.
* Zorin OS 17.1 Core and Windows 11 Pro on a Dell Precision 3630 Tower with an
i5-8600 3.1 GHz 6-core processor, dual 22" displays, 16 GB of RAM, 512 GB Nvme and a Geforce 1060 6 GB card
* Motorola Edge (2022) phone with Android 13

fox

So, Jason, where are we regarding a regular meeting? I have a topic I'm interested in learning about, but no knowledge to present on it. This is the use of Nextcloud or something like it for a home server vs OpenMediaVault. I was reading something about it in Linux Format, and it would be nice to compare the two, and to learn how one sets up Nextcloud if you wanted to use it at home.
Ubuntu 23.10 on 2019 5k iMac
Ubuntu 22.04 on Dell XPS 13

Jason

I called Laurie, our room rental contact, and am awaiting a call back from her. If I don't hear back from her by 5 pm, I'll cancel the meeting. But then I'll call her Monday and try to get the meeting scheduled for the following Monday. I will put an announcement ASAP once I know.

Regarding topic, I will have time this weekend to prepare a topic but not learn something and prepare a topic, so I'll likely do something on remote networking and do NextCloud next month. Or you can, if you find the time since you'd be in a good position to compare it with OpenMediaVault. If anybody has anything else they'd like to present, I expect we will have time on Monday, even if's just a short presentation, even just a show'n'tell of new hardware or a new distro or Ubuntu 19.10 release, for example.

Update: Just received an email back from Laurie. We're on. There will be an announcement tonight.
* Zorin OS 17.1 Core and Windows 11 Pro on a Dell Precision 3630 Tower with an
i5-8600 3.1 GHz 6-core processor, dual 22" displays, 16 GB of RAM, 512 GB Nvme and a Geforce 1060 6 GB card
* Motorola Edge (2022) phone with Android 13