• Welcome to Peterborough Linux User Group (Canada) Forum.

2 very good movies from the 1950's, Cloudburst and The Clouded Yellow

Started by ssfc72, September 16, 2019, 02:38:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ssfc72

The Clouded Yellow.  A 1950 movie starring the great actor, Trevor Howard.  The ending is quite good with a surprise (to me) twist. Quite suspenseful.
https://www.echelonclassicfilms.com/the-clouded-yellow.html

Cloudburst.   A 1951 movie starring Robert Preston. I would classify this movie as a "film noir".  I would recommend watching, first, without looking up the detailed plot.  I found it to it to be a quite "slow" movie but it is worthwhile to stick with it and watch it to the end.
I found the movie attractive since it involves a post WWII code breaker, espionage, lead character.
Try and do a search for the title on Google. You will get  some listings were the movie has been taken down due to copywrite, but I found other listings were the movie was still available, on YouTube.
Mint 20.3 on a Dell 14" Inspiron notebook, HP Pavilion X360, 11" k120ca notebook (Linux Lubuntu), Dell 13" XPS notebook computer (MXLinux)
Cellphone Samsung A50, Koodo pre paid service

Jason

I like espionage movies. I wonder how many people come to the PLUG forums just to get movie ideas from you, Bill. I have to figure out how to gather and review stats on the new host but I hope soon to be able to find out stuff like that.
* Zorin OS 17.1 Core and Windows 11 Pro on a Dell Precision 3630 Tower with an
i5-8600 3.1 GHz 6-core processor, dual 22" displays, 16 GB of RAM, 512 GB Nvme and a Geforce 1060 6 GB card
* Motorola Edge (2022) phone with Android 13