• Welcome to Peterborough Linux User Group (Canada) Forum.

Adventures with a 10 Year Old Desktop Trilogy - Book Three

Started by buster, September 06, 2019, 12:49:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ssfc72

I sort of expected to see the Tux Racer game, to be displayed on the monitor/hdTV. :-)

I had to log in, to view the attachment.
Mint 20.3 on a Dell 14" Inspiron notebook, HP Pavilion X360, 11" k120ca notebook (Linux Lubuntu), Dell 13" XPS notebook computer (MXLinux)
Cellphone Samsung A50, Koodo pre paid service

Jason

Me, too. Btw, was it used for home entertainment as in movies, tv or music?
* Zorin OS 17.1 Core and Windows 11 Pro on a Dell Precision 3630 Tower with an
i5-8600 3.1 GHz 6-core processor, dual 22" displays, 16 GB of RAM, 512 GB Nvme and a Geforce 1060 6 GB card
* Motorola Edge (2022) phone with Android 13

buster

". Btw, was it used for home entertainment as in movies, tv or music?"

It has multiple uses.

- can stream movies from anywhere on my home network or the 128 gig storage on the Bell modem
-can boot quickly into virtual Mint (and maybe play TuxRacer  :) )
-can wander the Internet with a wired-in connection
-can do email
- has a remote keyboard and mouse, so I can sit on our reclining couch and use it as an ordinary computer

and with the press of a button, we can go back to regular TV watching

'Can' is wrong of course. 'Used to be able to' is now more appropriate. (Sob, sob.)
Growing up from childhood and becoming an adult is highly overrated.

ssfc72

Yes, very strange Buster, that your first 4 posts are now blank with no text.  Yet if I click on the modify icon, the original text of the posts does show up, with the addition of numerous symbols spread throughout the post.
Mint 20.3 on a Dell 14" Inspiron notebook, HP Pavilion X360, 11" k120ca notebook (Linux Lubuntu), Dell 13" XPS notebook computer (MXLinux)

Jason

Quote from: ssfc72 on September 05, 2020, 07:17:55 AM
Yes, very strange Buster, that your first 4 posts are now blank with no text.  Yet if I click on the modify icon, the original text of the posts does show up, with the addition of numerous symbols spread throughout the post.

I thought Buster was referring to the original 'Adventures... series' but I see the same issue is here, too. I fixed the issue by 'modifying' his post and then submitting it. At least I hope others can see, too. Btw, how you can choose to modify his posts, Bill? Or do you mean when you modify your own post it shows up?
i5-8600 3.1 GHz 6-core processor, dual 22" displays, 16 GB of RAM, 512 GB Nvme and a Geforce 1060 6 GB card

ssfc72

When I log in to the Forums and view the messages in this Thread, on the right hand Heading there are icons for Quote, Modify, Remove etc., on every posting.
When I clicked on Modify, on Buster's first posting message (which strangely was missing all his original text,  then Buster's text was now showing.

I see Buster's first message post has now been fixed and it is now showing his text, without having to click on the Modify icon.

buster

Yes Bill, but when I look at it, there are question marks all over it. Jason fixed some of it. Interesting as well that you can modify it. That shouldn't happen.
Growing up from childhood and becoming an adult is highly overrated.

Jason

Quote from: buster on September 05, 2020, 04:50:18 PM
Yes Bill, but when I look at it, there are question marks all over it. Jason fixed some of it. Interesting as well that you can modify it. That shouldn't happen.

You'll have to fix that. I did it on your other topic. It's up to you, now, since I pointed out on another topic of yours that I fixed that it's not difficult to remove the symbols.

I found out why Bill could modify your post. I forgot that I have Bill setup as an administrator of the Forum. Just in case something should happen to me, Bill can take over.