• Welcome to Peterborough Linux User Group (Canada) Forum.

Raspberry Pi 4 now out

Started by ssfc72, June 24, 2019, 08:23:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ssfc72

Got this info from the PiHut people.

Three New Raspberry Pi's Released!
It's here, the one you've all been waiting for: It's Raspberry Pi 4 day. So much has been crammed into the newest version of our favourite SBC, we don't even know where to begin!

The camera, display, A/V jack, POE pins, on board bluetooth and wifi have returned, but there's a tasty list of new additions to the 4. So lets have a quick run down of the exciting new tech on offer:

New 64-bit 1.5GHz quad core Cortex-A72 (Arm v8)
1GB, 2GB or 4GB of memory, your choice
Two new micro HDMI slots for dual screen action at 4K
5V DC power via USB-C (with a new minimum 3A current)
USB 3.0 capability
Mint 20.3 on a Dell 14" Inspiron notebook, HP Pavilion X360, 11" k120ca notebook (Linux Lubuntu), Dell 13" XPS notebook computer (MXLinux)
Cellphone Samsung A50, Koodo pre paid service

fox

The new version of the Raspberry pi is out, version 4 (read about it here. The new version is a lot more capable than the last (faster chip, options for more RAM, USB3 ports, faster wifi and ethernet connectivity, etc.), enough so that I think one could use it as a regular computer if you don't have high end requirements. I don't think it's available in North America yet, but it should be in the next few days. This definitely interests me. I wonder if a geek trip to Toronto would be worthwhile when it comes in?
Ubuntu 23.10 on 2019 5k iMac
Ubuntu 22.04 on Dell XPS 13

ssfc72

I am in for a Geek trip to some Toronto electronic/computer stores, if we do get one organized.

Mike, I beat you to the RPi4 announcement.  I had already announced it under the General Topics forum messages. :-)
Mint 20.3 on a Dell 14" Inspiron notebook, HP Pavilion X360, 11" k120ca notebook (Linux Lubuntu), Dell 13" XPS notebook computer (MXLinux)
Cellphone Samsung A50, Koodo pre paid service

Jason

I merged the topics into one.
* Zorin OS 17.1 Core and Windows 11 Pro on a Dell Precision 3630 Tower with an
i5-8600 3.1 GHz 6-core processor, dual 22" displays, 16 GB of RAM, 512 GB Nvme and a Geforce 1060 6 GB card
* Motorola Edge (2022) phone with Android 13

Jason

Looks awesome! I still think about setting up a media server with a Pi sometimes. The dedicated Gigabit Ethernet would definitely be helpful there.
* Zorin OS 17.1 Core and Windows 11 Pro on a Dell Precision 3630 Tower with an
i5-8600 3.1 GHz 6-core processor, dual 22" displays, 16 GB of RAM, 512 GB Nvme and a Geforce 1060 6 GB card
* Motorola Edge (2022) phone with Android 13